Underestimated Product

Moderators: Tony, admin

Underestimated Product

Postby Chaven » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:23 am

Downloaded and installed the trial version of FlyInside Flight Simulator yesterday. I was only aware of the VR support for MS FSX and some other simulators(P3D & X-PLANE). I didn't know there was a full standalone version. At least this is working in VR with my Samsung Odyssey plus. Scenery Looks more convincing than MS FSX and performance is great. The only glitch was the initial update which dropped my frame rate from ~60 fps to 11 fps. Then I realized that the updated had changed my previous settings I had with the trial version so manually setting the GPU fixed the problem. My GPU is only a 1050Ti so I am quite impressed with performance seeing that most settings are already on HIGH.

Highly recommended for people with lower spec PCs that cannot play MS FS2020 and also want VR support. Downside is the lack of other continents. Hope to see some updates for Southern Africa.
Chaven

Re: Underestimated Product

Postby Hind24P » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:06 pm

I haven't tried FlyInside on older/less powerful computers, but that's pretty great to know! Not everyone will have the money to spend on a nuclear powered beast to run FS2020, so the FSX+FlyInside combo still has some time ahead of it!
Hind24P

Return to General discussion