Crash to Desktop Every Time!

Moderators: Tony, admin

Crash to Desktop Every Time!

Postby drmerlin » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:13 am

Hi,

I bought the simulator the day it was released. I bought it in good faith because all other flyinside products gave been excellent.

However, every time I select the Oculus in the VR menu, I get a crash to desktop! I have sent off the error reports everytime as well but nothing has been done to fix the problem. I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software... to no avail.

When is this serious issue going to be fixed. Alternatively, how do I get my money back?
drmerlin

Re: Crash to Desktop Every Time!

Postby DHR » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:08 am

I will second this.. Any solutions!? I stupidly bought FlyInside FSX AND P3D4..Now, what were perfectly flyable sims are useless. This has shutdown all access to my P3d4 and FSX Steam. Am NOT impressed at all.
DHR

Postby MalcolmFI » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:32 am

Hi drmerlin, I'm so sorry you're running into this major problem. We'd love to get this taken care of for you so you can start flying in VR ASAP. To start, could you make it crash one more time and include your forum username and a comment like "Oculus crash"? Then we can be certain which crash is yours, and we can dig deeper from there.

DHR, I'm also sorry to hear you're running into problems with FI for FSX/P3Dv4. Could send an email describing the problem to dan@flyinside-fsx.com? He'll be able to help sort that out for you. If you want to go back to flying in the regular sims without the FI plugin for now, you can rename the file called "d3d11.dll" to "d3d11_disabled.dll". If you installed to the default directories, this file will appear in "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX". Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Malcolm
MalcolmFI

Postby MalcolmFI » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:53 pm

Hi again DHR,

Could you open up the follow directory: "C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\FlyInside"? From there, could you send over every .ini and .txt file in that directory? If you attach those in a response here, we'll have a lot more information to work with to help solve this issue.

Thanks,
Malcolm
MalcolmFI

Postby Thudster » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:09 pm

I'm also having this issue after having tried each of the fixes noted here. Sending my files as noted for review.
Thudster

Postby MalcolmFI » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:21 pm

Hi Thudster, I noticed before that you posted your .ini and .log files, but they're deleted now. Do you think you could post them in this thread again, please?
MalcolmFI

Postby admin » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:17 pm

Dr Merlin, my apologies. We do review crash reports but they aren't always comprehensive. Posting here is the fastest way to get help. Please shoot an e-mail to dan@flyinside-fsx.com . I'm traveling at the moment, but can debug with you November 5th. I realize that's almost two weeks out, so if you'd rather just have a refund, you can e-mail me regarding that too.

DHR - Same goes for you, if you're interested I'll debug with you Nov 5th. To get your simulators working in the mean-time:
1. Remove "d3d11.dll" from your Prepar3D folder.
2. Remove "d3d9.dll" from your FSX folder.

If that doesn't do the trick, it's something odd with corrupted settings. You can clear all simulator settings and caches by clearing:
-C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin
-C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin
-C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX
-C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE
-C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX
-C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX-SE

I will say, we develop our software in good faith, and test it across a variety of computers (and many beta testers) before releasing - specifically so things like this don't happen. Issues do slip through the cracks with new configurations and setups though. My sincere apologies for the issues you've both run into.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby mobiusfix » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:14 pm

Merlin, how are you loading the sim for VR? Are you loading it through the FlyInside desktop app, then trying to choose Oculus as your display from within the sim window?
mobiusfix

Postby admin » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:29 pm

Merlin, what is your GPU setup like? We had one user report that the issue was their monitor being plugged into a different GPU than their Rift. It's possible that swapping things around will help.

mobiusfix, that's the correct procedure for enabling Oculus Rift. Just launching from desktop and using the "Virtual Reality" menu. Is that working for you?

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby mobiusfix » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:00 pm

No, that procedure doesn't work for me on any Oculus-enabled software anymore. I always have to load the Oculus interface first, then launch whatever software I want to run. Otherwise, my monitor will display what my HMD is doing, but nothing will display on the HMD. I was just wondering if the OP had tried launching from within Oculus or at least launching Oculus.exe prior to launching Flyinside.exe.
mobiusfix

Next

Return to Bugs & Tech Support