T-38A Bugs

Moderators: Tony, admin

T-38A Bugs

Postby scottharmes6 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:38 am

Hi. just a quick one ,as I haven't looked in to this deeply, but I notice the handling characteristics for the T-38 are quite different to other sims such as FSX and P3D. I'm not sure if this comes down to the sim's "engine" or how the T-38 has been converted. One of the obvious l things I noticed was the lack of wing buffeting and sounds when the aircraft is at a high AOA. This was pronounced in the FSX/P3D version of this aircraft, particularly during takeoff and close to stall speed. I just could not find any replication of this in the T-38 in FFS.

Just a bit of feedback ;) .

Cheers,
Last edited by scottharmes6 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scottharmes6

Re: T-38A Aerodynamics

Postby admin » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:11 am

Good catch! This was lost in conversion, I know we had it working at some point too. Will look into it! We're working on a revamp of flight characteristics to add more realistic stall/spin behavior anyways, but this is a good catch.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: T-38A Bugs

Postby scottharmes6 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:39 pm

Hi,

I have changed the title to "T-38A Bugs" as I have found a few more little things not working in the T-38A.

- There is no afterburner effect or sound. It seems to be kicking in, as the nozzles change position abruptly, the click is heard on the throttle mechanism, and the speed increases.

- The TACAN knobs and readout always resets to 099x about 2 seconds after changing to any other frequency.

- The oxygen flow indicator is blinking when oxygen main supply switch is set to off.

These are very minor issues and very low priority, but I am just listing them as I find them for future reference.

Cheers,
scottharmes6

Postby admin » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:20 pm

Thanks, much appreciated!
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Deano1973 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:03 am

admin wrote:Thanks, much appreciated!

Some additional bugs noted during a test flight: after a vertical climb to FL 200, all instruments locked up and failed to come back to life upon descent. In addition, pitch was severely limited afterward although roll remained unaffected. Not sure if this is something in the T-38 in the way of instrument failures or a bug in FFS, but thought it worth reporting in this thread.
Intel i7-7700K 4GHz, Corsair 1TB SSD / 500GB HD, liquid cooled, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080, Oculus Rift CV1 on FSX:Deluxe and P3D v3 with TacPack

DC Designs
Deano1973

Return to Bugs & Tech Support