Sim Crashes

Moderators: Tony, admin

Sim Crashes

Postby frankturley » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:06 pm

I have had the sim crash on me a couple of times, no error report, just back to desktop. Following the conversations here I have rescued the log.txt file, If all works ok it should be attached.
Attachments
log.txt
(298.19 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
frankturley

Re: Sim Crashes

Postby Lucky » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:30 pm

Hello

Does it crash while launching or using it ?

If it crashes while launching can be due to the fact that no audio device (speakers.. earphones, etc.) is detected : so plug speakers or earphones and that's it !

Did happen to me : thanks to Dan's efforts debugging my sim we found that the sim needs audio devices to be present...
Lucky

Postby MalcolmFI » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:08 pm

Thanks for the info. Is there any pattern to the crashes? Do they happen at any particular place or after some action in the aircraft or UI? Or just totally random?
MalcolmFI

Postby frankturley » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:50 am

I have a test route starting at KOXC Waterbury-Oxford, then flying south to either KHVN New Haven, or KBDR Bridgeport. Program crashes occur while in the air, and have happened (a) en route south, (b) en route north from KHVN, and once en route from KHVN to KBDR. Hope that helps.
frankturley

Postby frankturley » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:13 am

Further testing indicates these crashes occur if I fly with the map view on, but no problems if its switched off.
frankturley

Postby MalcolmFI » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:48 am

Thank you, that's all helpful information. Unfortunately we haven't been able to reproduce this yet, but we are still looking into it. Does it crash every time you fly from, say, KOXC to KHVN? Or is it intermittent?
MalcolmFI

Postby frankturley » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:11 pm

I just flew from Oxford down to New Haven with no problem, then took off from New Haven for Bridgeport, got the crash to desktop after a minute or so. The map was displayed at the time (also the Gear and Flap Monitor ex the SDK samples), I tried to adjust the map magnification but had no response, and immediately got the crash. I don't know if the freeze occurred before I tried to adjust the map, or was a result of it.
Hopefully log.txt attached
Attachments
log.txt
(277.68 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
frankturley

Postby admin » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:30 pm

Could you enter your forum username in the bugsplat report? That will help us match it up and start narrowing down a cause.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby frankturley » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:08 am

I would if I had the option, but the sim just shut down without the bugsplat report, I just got my desktop back.
frankturley

Postby frankturley » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:42 am

Just tried again, flew Oxford-New Haven-Bridgeport-Oxford without using map view, no crash. Reloaded the sim, took off from Oxford with map view switched on, got the crash within a couple of minutes or so. This time got a Bugsplat report request, duly completed and sent. Hope that helps.
frankturley

Next

Return to Bugs & Tech Support