Oculus cv1. Head tracking issue?

Moderators: Tony, admin

Oculus cv1. Head tracking issue?

Postby Mark555055f » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:15 pm

Ive noticed an issue that I have not noticed in any other games.

It seems if I move my head quickly to the left or right, the view inside the plane follows and stays there. For example, if I am facing forward in the cockpit normally and then snap my head right, the cockpit view moves to the right and stays there making my view now off center. Also, if i tap the right side of my headset, the view will move to the right and stay. Same behavior to the left. I have tried reproducing this behavior in a few other games
and I cannot.

In another post I have noted some fps issues. I wonder if this is related? I do seem to notice that I only have stutters and fps drops when I move my head. My tracking is fine(3 sensors) and don't seem to have issues in other games.

https://forum.flyinside-fsx.com/viewtop ... =59&t=7021
Mark555055f

Re: Oculus cv1. Head tracking issue?

Postby admin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:36 pm

So this is actually a "feature" rather than a bug. You can give the headset a firm "tap" as a shortcut to recenter your head position w/ FlyInside+Oculus Rift. If you shake your head especially violently it'll register as a "tap".

Just curious, is this something you're running into under normal usage, or just from experimenting? Either way, we can add an option to turn it off :)

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: Oculus cv1. Head tracking issue?

Postby Mark555055f » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:44 pm

Ah ok good to know. I think I accidently found it adjusting my headset, but it has happened a few times randomly flying around. I keep my headset relatively loose so that might have something to do with it. It would definitely be cool to be able to toggle the option off.

Thanks!
Mark555055f

Return to Bugs & Tech Support