Accidentally Switched to Steam and Could Not Get Back!

Moderators: Tony, admin

Accidentally Switched to Steam and Could Not Get Back!

Postby Banshee14 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:48 pm

I was in Rift and accidentally hit the Steam option. It opened up Steam and everything worked just fine but I could not get any menus to open on Steam to switch it back to Oculus. I ended up having to delete Steam to force FlyInside to give me the options menu back. Very frustrating.
Banshee14

Re: Accidentally Switched to Steam and Could Not Get Back!

Postby MalcolmFI » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:37 pm

I'm sorry you've been experiencing this issue; it does sound frustrating. There are a few issues with Steam VR that we're currently working on fixing. In the meantime, if you run into this bug again, try going to the folder C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\FlyInside. There will be a file called "FlyInsideSimulator_settings.ini." Open that up and search for the "[Graphics]" heading, where you'll see a setting named "ActiveRenderDriver." If you set that to 0, you'll be back in monitor mode when you start up the sim again. It's a workaround, but hopefully it's less painful than deleting Steam.

Be careful editing the .ini file - editing anything than the part I specified can cause undefined behavior, and if that happens you'll have to delete or rename the file and reconfigure your settings next time you run the sim. Creating a backup of the file before editing it would be a good precaution to take.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Malcolm
MalcolmFI

Return to Bugs & Tech Support