Visual artefacts and clouds and trees disappearance

Moderators: Tony, admin

Visual artefacts and clouds and trees disappearance

Postby Lucky » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:33 pm

Hello,

After flying for a while on the west coast area, clouds and trees (set to high) suddenly disappeared and got these visual artefacts :

Don't know how to get lat/long as the map view does not show them (it should...) so I've made the screenshots with map view : just click on the image to get the full view with the map...
Lucky

Re: Visual artefacts and clouds and trees disappearance

Postby MalcolmFI » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:34 pm

Thanks for the report - we'll make a note of this. Adding longitude/latitude to the map is a good suggestion too. For now, if you want to get your current coordinates on the map screen, you can click on the plane icon on the map. It won't be exact or dynamic if your position changes. For exact coordinates, you can enable debugging tools under Help -> About, then go to Debugging Tools -> Debug Diagnostics -> Telemetry. We'll be sure to make it easier to access this info in future updates :)
MalcolmFI

Postby betampona » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:08 am

Hello, This is what I meet continuously on your simulator after a moment of use and anywhere in the US, I have 16 GB and Lucky must have 32 GB.
The symptoms are: a continual rise in the value of memory, a flicker of small bodies of water "pond" then sudden disappearance of clouds and the appearance of a huge cliff of color that follows the plane.
It is imperative to repair the bug
I7 2600K à 4.3 Ghz, GTX 970, 20 Go, monitor 1920x1080
Dominique de France.
betampona

Postby Lucky » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:06 pm

Thanks to Betampona :

1- I forgot to say the cliff follows the plane on my sim too...
2- Imperative to repair these kinds of bug if you do not want people "try and run away" : personally cannot enjoy the sim in these conditions
Lucky

Postby chrisb » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:45 pm

I'm experiencing the same issues.
Loose all autogen and distorted scenery, at times it seems like you can fly under the cliffs.
Wondering about elevation issues?
chrisb

Postby MalcolmFI » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:43 pm

Hi all, thanks for bringing this to our attention. It looks to be a major issue seen by multiple people, so we'll put it near the top of our list of bug fixes.
MalcolmFI

Postby admin » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:06 pm

Thank you for all of the reports everyone. My guess is the memory spike is freezing our scenery loader, allowing you to fly outside of loaded scenery areas (hence the cliffs). Top priority, we'll have a fix for you ASAP (most likely early November). My apologies.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to Bugs & Tech Support