Rift touch Controls

Moderators: Tony, admin

Rift touch Controls

Postby mmmmbeer76 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Hi, I have my controls set up for throttle on the stick of my right touch controller with my Rift. It works perfectly in all aircraft except the 717 and the B407 chopper. In both the stick will increase throttle but not decrease it and in the 717 the throttle will return to idle all the time unless I'm holding the stick to prevent it from doing so which means I can have full throttle or idle but nothing else.
mmmmbeer76

Re: Rift touch Controls

Postby MalcolmFI » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:29 pm

Hello,

As an aside, are you binding the control stick to "Combined Throttle Axes" or "Relative Throttle Axis"? From your description it sounds like you're using that the relative option. If not, I'd suggest switching over to the relative one for axes that revert to neutral when you let go of them, like this control stick.

The B407 animation is a little unusual in that the collective doesn't start moving upward until throttle reaches 50%, so that could be what's happening there. If you can't move the collective back down once it reaches its top position, something different is going on, so let us know if that's the case. I see what you mean for the 717 - we'll look into that, it has something to do with how our software interacts with that plane specifically.

Regards,
Malcolm
MalcolmFI

Re: Rift touch Controls

Postby mmmmbeer76 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:11 pm

Ok so the B407 is working fine today so we can forget that one! Yes I'm using relative throttle control and just to give some further information, the speed break is applying itself when I move the throttle with my touch controller axis and also the throttle is staying in full power mode until i take off and raise the landing gear, then it puts itself to idle and stays there unless I hold the throttle control forward.
mmmmbeer76

Return to Bugs & Tech Support