T-38 Dash froze after going over the top in a loop

Moderators: Tony, admin

Re: T-38 Dash froze after going over the top in a loop

Postby Wizkid2552 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:31 am

I really should not have called it a pig, that was someone else that said that first and I repeated it without thinking of a better way to say what I wanted. The Northrop T-38 Talon is actually a fine machine in real life, trained or washed out all USAF fighter pilots since 1968, and led to the F-5 fighter and the current T-38C model. It was and is loved by many pilots going through the decades. I never was in one for real, but I understand why it makes a good trainer since it does not have lots of excess power or lift, so you have to learn to manage what little you've got and become a well trained pilot in the process. I found a PDF that is a reprint of an article in Air and Space Magazine from 2005 and it gives the whole history of this amazing airplane, and talks about how tough it is for students to land properly. I see an option to upload attachment here, so I will give it a go, and hope you all enjoy the read. I would love if FFS could get a hold of the Cessna T-37 "Tweet" for the sim because that is the first jet cadets learn on, and what you learn in there prepares you for the more difficult Talon. I have a freeware Tweet for FSX that looks good on the outside and flies ok, but if you guys could put one together for FFS it would really be special, and I'd be happy to double the fee I paid you already. :)
Attachments
T-38 formation USAF.JPG
Pic that was in PDF I converted to text.
T-38 formation USAF.JPG (70.57 KiB) Viewed 3902 times
T38.txt
Reprint of article in Air and Space Magazine from 2005
(22.96 KiB) Downloaded 446 times
Wizkid2552

Postby Tony » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:17 am

Pig can still mean affection :) And I do love the T38, it just looks....."right" Hopefully in the future devs will be able to port over aircraft easily into FFS....I know it's on the roadmap ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Wizkid2552 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:49 pm

Did 3 successful loops today with the new updated software, and no gauge freezes. On one of the loops I did skim the trees on the pullout so happy the crash model is not fine tuned yet, because that one would have been bad for the airplane. After that had a couple silent crashes to desktop though, don't know what is going on.
Wizkid2552

Previous

Return to Bugs & Tech Support