Explanation on log.txt

Moderators: Tony, admin

Explanation on log.txt

Postby betampona » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:15 am

Hello, I look at the different log.txt that are filed on the forum and I see differences on 2 lines.
For Core Mask there are several versions and I would like to have an explanation on the different figures 2/4/9 or 4/16/65 which is my case for my computer or 4/16/1345 or 4/16/349505.
the first number 2 or 4 represents the number of hearts and for the rest?
For Bitmap there are 2 versions 32x32 which is my case for my computer or 32x64 what is the difference?
Thank you for the answer.
Greetings.
Dominique.
I7 2600K à 4.3 Ghz, GTX 970, 20 Go, monitor 1920x1080
Dominique de France.
betampona

Re: Explanation on log.txt

Postby admin » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:47 pm

Hi Dominique,

Our simulator assigns certain threads to certain cores so that they don't conflict with each-other. For example we don't want low-priority background tasks interfering with the primary rendering thread. I don't remember which number is what at the moment but you're basically looking at certain cores being assigned to certain tasks, the numbers change based upon the number of cores that you have.

As far as the bitmap stuff, don't worry about that ;) For some reason we have a couple of bitmap creations being logged (while most are not). It was something we were debugging at one point, but it's completely inconsequential and not even useful data. Not completely sure, but I believe it has to do with mouse cursors.

Long story short the logs aren't very useful at the moment, especially for end-users. We're revamping them as we start running into more issues and know what we need to target our data collection on.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to Bugs & Tech Support