Joystick mapping

Moderators: Tony, admin

Joystick mapping

Postby Warthog1 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:52 am

Hi,
please forgive if this question has been answered before, but I run a Saitek X52 Pro with buttons and controls that I can map to specific programs and aircraft using different loadable and programmable profiles. So, for example, if one aircraft uses key M for gear toggle and another uses key G, by programming the different profiles, I can select the aircraft profile and thus use the same button on the joystick. I can also through the profiles have different modes for each switch linked to different aircraft funtions so for example in one mode the button toggles gear, in another mode it toggles water rudders.

What would be the best way of intergrating this into Flyinside? I'm thinking that I don't try and map the joystick in Flyinside (except maybe the basic flight controls) but specify specific key strokes and then map these in the Saitek profiler.

Has anyone found a good solution?

Cheers
Warthog1

Re: Joystick mapping

Postby admin » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:39 pm

That's a pretty nice feature :) From what you've written your suggestion sounds like the best way to do things. Bind controls on the keyboard, and then have the Saitek software simulate keypresses. Do other simulators handle this in a nicer manner though?

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to Bugs & Tech Support