Instalation questions

Moderators: Tony, admin

Instalation questions

Postby Doc » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:21 pm

Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I purchased Flyinside Flight Simulator from Steam foolishly thinking it was a stand alone VR product.

I since found out I need Microsoft Flight Simulator X which I purchased from Steam today.

I'm a bit confused about how I "mesh" the two so that I can use FFS / MFSX in VR.

Do I need to delete the Steam file and download from the link that appears on one of the pages? Reinstall FFS to Steam?

I also note two versions one 0.5 and one Pro...not sure which version the Steam version is.

I'd appreciate any help.

Doc
Doc

Re: Instalation questions

Postby sunjunkiesi » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:42 pm

You are mistaken. Flyinside Flight Simulator is a stand alone product. Flyinside also make products that allow fsx (among others) to be VR compatible, however these are not (to my knowledge) available on steam.
sunjunkiesi

Postby admin » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:53 pm

Hmm I'm not sure what you're running into. FlyInside Flight Simulator (on Steam) is a stand-alone product :) If you've bought it on Steam (from here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/862390/FlyInside_Flight_Simulator/), you should be able to go to your "Library" in Steam, and just click on "FlyInside Flight Simulator" and launch it. It doesn't need FSX or anything else, it will just run.

You only need Microsoft FSX if you want to use "FlyInside FSX", which can be found on our main website (but not on Steam). So to use FlyInside Flight Simulator in VR, just fire it up from Steam, and select "SteamVR" or "Oculus" from the "Virtual Reality" dropdown menu. Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Doc » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:37 pm

Thanks....my mistake...I'll recheck today.
Doc

Return to Bugs & Tech Support