Problem with elevator/rudder responses ?

Moderators: Tony, admin

Problem with elevator/rudder responses ?

Postby gerod » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:51 am

Hello,

Since a few weeks (I guess after the 0.5 version) I have a problem with the responses of elevator and rudder. My joystick is a Saitek X52 Flight Controller.

Concerning the rudder the limits left and right are reached after a very small action on the JS.
Concerning the elevator there is a linear response in the up direction and the limit in the down direction is obtained after also a very small action on the JS.

Both problems make the flight very uncomfortable. As it is difficult for me to explain this in English (I’m French) I made a short video to illustrate this behaviour (the same with others planes).
Thank you very much for helping.
Best regards

https://youtu.be/MDYQPpZEdHw : controls_FFS
MB ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING, i9-9900KF, 32 GB RAM, SSD 1 TB, HDD 2 TB, Nvidia RTX 3070
gerod

Re: Problem with elevator/rudder responses ?

Postby MalcolmFI » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:54 pm

Hi gerod,

Has that joystick been giving you trouble in any other software, or just FFS? If you haven't already, try searching for "Set up USB game controllers" from the start menu and clicking "Properties." There you'll see visualizations for the movement of each axis. Does this match the strange behavior you're seeing in the sim? If it does, recalibrating should fix it. If it doesn't, we'll have to debug further.

Thanks,
Malcolm
MalcolmFI

Postby gerod » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:56 am

Hello,

Thank you for answering. Obviously, I did a lot of verifications and tests. My joystick has a perfect response when using the Windows Set up USB controller. It works very well also with other simulators XP11 and P3Dv4.

What is making this problem much more difficult to understand is that I have a similar behaviour with AFS2 and FGFS.

Another thing: my motherboard was recently changed, and the problem was appearing just after. It means that the problem is not from FFS but I hope you will have some ideas for explaining where the problem was coming from and if it is possible to do some internal adjustments.

I apologize as FFS is only affected by this problem and is not responsible, but I don’t know what to do and I’m looking for new ideas.
Best regards.
gerod
MB ASUS TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING, i9-9900KF, 32 GB RAM, SSD 1 TB, HDD 2 TB, Nvidia RTX 3070
gerod

Postby sunjunkiesi » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:45 am

Are you using the saitek software? Has the Mobo replacement caused your profiles to reset?
sunjunkiesi

Postby gerod » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:38 am

Hello,
My Saitek X52 is an old one (more than 10 years) and it has always been working fine under Windows XP, Seven, 10 and linux without using the Saitek software SST. I have never used the profile feature and I obviously I have the last driver.
Thank you for the idea.
gerod

Postby gerod » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:41 am

Hello,
For all previous FFS flights the JS was plugged to the PC (with only USB 3 ports) through an USB 2 hub (not powered). Recently I plugged this old JS to a USB 3 powered HUB and it was not perfect but very much better : FFS flights may now be done. As I read Saitek products may have problems with USB 3 and also W10 do you have some comments ? I'm not sure the problem is coming from this old JS as it works very fine with XP11 and FSX/P3D. I also have such problems with AFS2 and FG. In the case of this last simulator (FG) the JS is not recognized when plugged on USB 3 (and it is with USB 2). It would be fine to have some explanations before buying a new JS which will have perhaps again these problems.
Thank you very much.
Best regards
gerod
gerod

Postby gerod » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:01 am

Hello,
Another problem. As I read it was better to use old drivers for Saitek products instead of logitech drivers I installed another driver and then I made an error. The driver was for "X52 HOTAS" JS and as it does not solved my problem I went back to the previous driver. But now FFS recognize only an "X52 HOTAS" product and not the initial X52. What can be done to restore these settings ?
Thank you for explanations.
Best regards
gerod
gerod

Return to Bugs & Tech Support