C310 no power up

Moderators: Tony, admin

C310 no power up

Postby DonT » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:43 am

I just installed Flyinside (Ver. 5) for my Rift. I have not tried all the planes as of yet. Wanted to start with my Fav. The Baron 55 flies like a dream So does the B737 But the C310 I can get the purple markers but when I try to move the levers up they will not move. Gauges or good so is sound and prob movement. The rest of the software what I have looked at so far work great. Not using Leap motion at this time But I have been looking into it.
DonT

Re: C310 no power up

Postby fooleranto » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:55 pm

Hello, Don!

I assume you mean version 0.5.0? You should also provide some more information.
Doesn't it work if you move the throttle levers forward with the mouse?
Doesn't it work with the assigned keyboard key?
Or does it just not work with the assigned axis on an external device? I suppose you've assigned the right axes, don't you?

Which external device do you use to operate the throttles?
Or do you even try it with touch?
Or is it LeapMotion?

This works fine for me using ClosedBeta version 0.5.3. But I can remember that it worked for me with 0.5.0 as well. I think this should work on your system as well. So let's look at it.

Many greetings from Germany

Gunter
Intel i7 7700K, 4,2 GHz, 16 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1080, Windows 10, Leap Motion
fooleranto

Postby DonT » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:42 pm

I use only the touch controllers. Will take another look as I said the Baron and the B737 fly fine. I have only set up my X button for off/on of the UI and the y for recentering of my Rift both are fine. It a few tries to get it to stay purple also it is an up and down movement of my hands not forward and back kept losing contact with all 6 levers but with time I can get them all to move. Just not smooth I have to try a lot of times to move them. When I use the trigger I move my hand and lose contact with the controls. Maybe leap motion would work better?
DonT

Postby fooleranto » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:24 pm

Well, I use Leap Motion myself. Most knobs work with it, but rotary knobs are a problem in principle. Also, it's not like you always get the knobs to jump to a certain position right away. On the Bell 407 helicopter, for example, I can't lock the Fuel Valve Switch in the top position. I can push it up, but it doesn't stay there. Furthermore, if a switch is covered by another switch, you can't operate it without physical contortions. In the end I have to reach for the mouse sometimes. Nevertheless I would choose Leap Motion again, because this system comes closest to reality.
Intel i7 7700K, 4,2 GHz, 16 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1080, Windows 10, Leap Motion
fooleranto

Postby MalcolmFI » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:25 pm

Hi Don,

Touch controllers should consistently maintain contact with the levers for as long as you hold the trigger. However, partially pressing the other trigger (the one under your middle finger) will cancel the index trigger input. This might be what's happening to you if levers are working sometimes but not reliably. It could be that the angle of the levers in the C310 are positioned at such an angle that they make you press the other trigger a bit. Let me know if the levers are still finicky even when you don't touch the other trigger.

Regards,
Malcolm
MalcolmFI

Return to Bugs & Tech Support