0.5.9.7 - Map View Anomolies

Moderators: Tony, admin

0.5.9.7 - Map View Anomolies

Postby frankturley » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:25 am

This version appears to be more stable, I managed to fly the Bell from Sandown to Shoreham, with the map view open, without a crash. However, now that we have a map view we can use, it has some issues. I took a number of screen shots to illustrate, but I now discover there is a limit of 3, so I will just describe the other 2.
1 - FIFSMapIOW - Shows the Isle of Wight with an odd rectangle around Sandown and a huge anomaly above Southampton Water
2 - FIFSMapIOW2 - I have reached Beachy Head, The Island and Southampton now look ok
3 - FIFSMapIOW3 - Moving along towards Shoreham, we now have a cut-out of the coastal strip past Shoreham
4 - FIFSMapIOW4 - This is a cockpit view which shows I am clearly flying above land, although the map shows sea - the cut out as shown in (3)
5 - FIFSMapIOW5 - This shows the map after landing at Shoreham, more coastal cut-outs appearing.

I suspect the anomalies may be related to how the map displays airport data, as these seemed to occur around Sandown and Shoreham, with the one above Southampton Water related to Southampton airport.

The scenery looks as good as it was.
Attachments
FIFSMap-IOW3.JPG
FIFSMap-IOW3.JPG (63.01 KiB) Viewed 3175 times
FIFSMap-IOW2.JPG
FIFSMap-IOW2.JPG (59.96 KiB) Viewed 3175 times
FIFSMap-IOW.JPG
FIFSMap-IOW.JPG (61.91 KiB) Viewed 3175 times
frankturley

Re: 0.5.9.7 - Map View Anomolies

Postby frankturley » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:55 am

It just occurred to me I could reply to my own post and attach the other 2 screenshots.
Attachments
FIFSMap-IOW5.JPG
FIFSMap-IOW5.JPG (63.59 KiB) Viewed 3172 times
FIFSMap-IOW4.JPG
FIFSMap-IOW4.JPG (247.88 KiB) Viewed 3172 times
frankturley

Return to Bugs & Tech Support