New guy with controller & VR headset issues.

Moderators: Tony, admin

New guy with controller & VR headset issues.

Postby twsimfan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:32 pm

Hi there,

This is my second try to post this plea for help. When I clicked on "Submit" on the first one I got a message that the page was not found and my submission was apparently gone to the ether.

I just purchased FlyInside today via Steam. So I am new to this sim but not to simming. I started with A2-FS1 on my old Apple II+ in 1980 and I have been at this ever since.

When I try to setup my controls the sim recognizes my Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS and the TWCS Throttle unit which goes with it. I can assign the buttons from either unit with no problems. But only some of the axis work. I can assign the twist function of the stick to the Z or as you would say the 3rd axis or rudder just fine. Also I had no problem assigning the throttle slider on the TWCS to the throttle function. But the program does not seem to pick up the X axis (axis 1 to you) at all. Furthermore the sim seems to insist on assigning the Y axis to the elevator despite all my efforts to assign it to the ailerons. It is kind of hard to fly with incorrect elevator assignment and no ailerons. I assure you this stick work fine with XP11, AFS2, DCS, and a host of other games.

My other concern is that while your promotional material states that your sim works with Windows Mixed Media headsets the list within the sim does not list these. Further I am being told that no headset is being detected even though my Lenovo headset is connected and it does work with every other sim I have used it with.

I hope you can provide me with some help on these issues.

Thank you,

Tom Wunder

PS - At least if this forum system of yours dumps my post again you will not be able to hear my rage.
twsimfan

Re: New guy with controller & VR headset issues.

Postby admin » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:31 pm

Hi Tom,

Sorry to hear your post got eaten! We had a brief website outage and had to performance some server maintenance.

If you go to Settings -> Controls, select a control axis (like ailerons), and then use the Controller + Axis dropdowns, and wiggle your joystick, are you able to find and select the appropriate axis that way? "Auto Detect" may bug out if one of the axis is noisy, and try to assign the wrong axis. On the other hand, manual selection should still work. If that doesn't work please shoot me an e-mail, dan@flyinside-fsx.com so I can look into this more. Normally, just about any USB joystick should work fine with FFS.

In terms of Windows Mixed Reality, you'll want to install SteamVR and Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR: https://store.steampowered.com/app/719950/Windows_Mixed_Reality_for_SteamVR/

Just fire up SteamVR, it should detect your headset. Then in our simulator, use the "Virtual Reality -> SteamVR" option and it should work just fine :) We've tested with these quite a bit.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby twsimfan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:28 pm

Thank you Dan,

I had managed to get the axis' properly assigned the following day although it did take quite a lot of fiddling.

I am fairly busy for the next few days but when I have the time I will do as you suggest regarding VR and I will let you know how that works out.

I do appreciate the response. :)

Be well,

Tom Wunder

PS - Is it normal for only one livery to work with the 717? Just wondering if I'm the only one encountering this or if this is something on you "to be resolved" list.
twsimfan

Postby admin » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:47 pm

Sorry - the 717 livery thing is normal at the moment :oops:
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby ABAL098 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:24 am

After update the Vive Cosmos software yesterday and FlyInside FSX I have problems with FSX and FlyInside FSX software. Multiplayer can no longer work and some of my Aircraft does not work any more with the VR Headset. The application start but does not load properly and the just quit. There is no error message but the application does not work well anymore. How do I roll back the update to enable me to get this back to normal? Sorry to use your post to post my message but I could not find the NEW MESSAGE option on this Message Board.
ABAL098

Return to Bugs & Tech Support