Changing Sterup Screen in Flyinside-FSX

Moderators: Tony, admin

Changing Sterup Screen in Flyinside-FSX

Postby Relayer » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:08 pm

I run three monitors. When Flyinside FSX is started, it opens up on my far left monitor, otherwise known in DirectX as \\DISPLAY3. However, when I try to open up any of the game's panels, like GPS, those want to open on \\DISPLAY2. This results in a very disturbing flashing in the VR goggle (Oculus Rift), and the FSX program hangs. I have to force quit it every time. It also crashes when I try to move the FSX window to the desired display after everything loads up.

I found the INI file in AppData, and it shows me the display number its using, which happens to be \\DISPLAY3 as expected. I can't edit the file to change it. It always reverts back to the original display settings. Once when starting Flyinside FSX, I was able to quickly grab and move the FSX window before the FSX welcome screen appeared and move it to \\DISPLAY2. When it was there, I was able to open panels and they would appear in the cockpit in VR. But I've never been able to repeat that technique without it crashing every time I do so. So I know it's a window placement issue. Being able to modify the starting window for the game will save a lot of trouble.
Relayer

Re: Changing Sterup Screen in Flyinside-FSX

Postby Tony » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:54 am

Do you use triple head to go or similar ? I believe Dan has said it's not compatible??
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to Bugs & Tech Support