Physical Rudder Pedals - how to set up?

Moderators: Tony, admin

Physical Rudder Pedals - how to set up?

Postby Geoff_Kiwi » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:02 am

Hi, loving the FlyInside sim in VR. Nothing matches it for framerates and the steaming scenery. But try as I might I cannot get my physical rudder pedals set up correctly. They work in P3D and XPlane with no issues, so it is not a driver/set up/hardware issue.

How does one set up rudder pedals? I have tried both the "start up" settings and also the "Settings" menu. Under advanced options the rudder is always all the way left when I have no feet on the pedals - there seems to be no way to center the position.

Any ideas?
Geoff_Kiwi

Re: Physical Rudder Pedals - how to set up?

Postby Tony » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:52 pm

What pedals mate and is this for our simulator right ??
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Geoff_Kiwi » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:28 pm

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your reply. Yes - this is the FlyInside Flight Simulator, not the add on for FSX/P3D.

My rudder pedals are VKBsim T-Rudders Mk.IV. They work in all the other sims I have:
FSX/P3D
Xplane
Aerofly FS2
Elite
DCS

But for FlyInside I am stuck. The "Calibrate Controls" menu allows me to select the rudder pedals and when I step on the left pedal I see the "Controller 4" responding. The issue is that the "star" which shows where the pedal is starts on the extreme right and always goes back to the right when I remove my foot. From an external view it shows the rudder also to the right. I need it centered when I remove my foot.

The "Advanced Axis Tuning Options" also shows the red line as starting on the right without my foot on the pedal. I cannot work out how to get FlyInside to center the pedals/redline as the default position. I've tried changing the "Center" values and the "min" "max" but I still cannot work out how to center the "star/redline".

Any ideas?

Apart from this I am really impressed when doing VR flights with my HP Reverb (9900KS, 2080Ti) - smooth 90fps. Nothing else comes close to this experience. I am a sucker for photo scenery, and spend my time doing VFR dead reckoning flights around small airfields in New Zealand. Brilliant.
Attachments
No foot on pedal.JPG
Default position - no foot on pedal
No foot on pedal.JPG (140.35 KiB) Viewed 6757 times
Geoff_Kiwi

Postby fooleranto » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:59 am

Hello Geoff_Kiwi!

You select Settings, then Controls, then the Bindings tab and there you select the Anti-Torque axis. Then you set the corresponding controller, i.e. your rudder, at the bottom and then select the corresponding axis to the right of it. When you move the rudder, you'll see a star moving back and forth. Further down there are the Advanced Axis Tunig Options. There you can adjust the sensitivity, the dead zone and the center.

Is it that, what you meaned?

With greetings from Germany

Gunter
Intel i7 7700K, 4,2 GHz, 16 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1080, Windows 10, Leap Motion
fooleranto

Postby Tony » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:06 am

Hi Geoff, one of our users has those pedals, I'll check with him and see if he had similar issues. Will report back.

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Geoff_Kiwi » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:52 am

OK thanks team - got it sorted. I re-calibrated the rudder pedals under the windows game controller. This seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the help.
Geoff_Kiwi

Postby Tony » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:03 am

Thanks for letting us know mate ;)
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to Bugs & Tech Support