Can't get FSX to run at all with Flyinside installed

Moderators: Tony, admin

Can't get FSX to run at all with Flyinside installed

Postby stulemanski » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:00 pm

I have FSX, which I've been running happily enough conventionally on my monitor.

I recently bought a cheap Oculus DK2, and have installed 0.8 runtime. I have been able to download and play a few demos, so that seems to be working.

I thought see what FSX was like in VR and whether it was worth shelling out of the paid version, so downloaded the demo of FlyInside (Flyinside FSX Pro 1.4 for the 0.7 and 0.8 runtime).

Suddenly I can no longer run FSX as all:

If I connect the DK2 and double-click the FlyInside Desktop Icon, I get half a second of spinning blue circle (i.e. the new version of the egg-timer) and then nothing. Nothing running in task manager, nada, zip.

The bit that's really confusing is that disconnecting the DK2 and double-clicking the FSX icon (or the FlyInside icon for that matter) also gives me half a second of blue circle and then nothing.

If I uninstall FlyInside, the problem goes away insofar as I can run FSX by clicking on the FSX Icon. Obviously I can't run it on the DK2, though...

Anyone experienced this before? And more importantly, does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks!
stulemanski

Re: Can't get FSX to run at all with Flyinside installed

Postby Tony » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:39 am

Wow throw back to the past testing the DK2 :) ok give me a few days to dig up some memories for you and see if we can get you going, been so long since I used a DK2 :)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to Bugs & Tech Support