Pimax 5k / Pimax 8k support

Moderators: Tony, admin

Pimax 5k / Pimax 8k support

Postby Captain Granum » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:25 am

Hi Flyinside
Will you support the new Pimax 5k+ and 8k headset in the near future?
Best,
Capt. Granum
Captain Granum

Re: Pimax 5k / Pimax 8k support

Postby Lucky » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:36 pm

Hello

Will you support the new Pimax 5k+ and 8k headset in the near future ?

Should be optimized for Pimax 4k before... Works but with much lower performances than with Oculus (not like with my other sims) : as I have to use lower settings to make it work with a good computer (P3D V4 works well on my computer with high setting with both Pimax 4k and Oculus ) I am not sure it would work with 8k without some further improvements...

Regards
Lucky

Postby admin » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:42 pm

It actually should work pretty well with the Pimax 5k+ already, see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyOfWEMG-H4

Lucky, could you be running into a settings issue with the 4k?

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Lucky » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:10 am

Hello,
Lucky, could you be running into a settings issue with the 4k?

As I told in this topic : https://forum.flyinside-fsx.com/viewtop ... max#p31013 :

Seams that the fact that Pimax4k is working with Steam VR makes it harder :

I have to put lower settings to make it work at 60 fps (Pimax4k 's maximum performance) : pixel density to 1 in game and rendering options set to 2 in Piplay

Anyway it works you can enjoy FFS with Pimax too, but should be optimized as with other softwares I get quite the same performances as the Rift (i.e;. : 60 fps with the Pimax and 90 fps with the Rift) despite the higher resolution with high VR settings.

(My config is : CPU i7 8700K (hexacore) no OC - 32 Go RAM DDR4 2400 - SSD 240Go SATA III - HDD 2To SATA III 64Mo - GTX 1070 TI 8Go Driver 416.34 - Win 10 64 - Flyinside Flight Simulator on external USB3 SSD / Oculus Rift CV1 / Pimax 4k )
Lucky

Postby Captain Granum » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:54 pm

let me correct myself -
I would like to know if flyinside supports X Plane 11 using Pimax 5k and Samsung Odyssey for that matter...
Best regards,
Mads
Captain Granum

Postby Lucky » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:09 pm

Hello,

let me correct myself -
I would like to know if flyinside supports X Plane 11 using Pimax 5k and Samsung Odyssey for that matter...
Best regards,
Mads

Sorry I did not understand :oops:

I am afraid I cannot tell you : I do not use X-Plane in VR. For me it is the worst of all my sims in VR because of bad performances even with Oculus Rift (FSX SE, P3D V4, AFS2, FFS and DCS are all working fine). Tried X-Plane in native mode or with Flyinside : the same (bad) stuff, so I am not very optimistic...

Maybe I did not found the right settings, but as all my other sims work fine "on the start" I do not want to struggle with it.
Lucky

Return to Feature Requests & Questions