Toggle reverse thrust

Moderators: Tony, admin

Toggle reverse thrust

Postby elDaz2 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:35 pm

I would like to know how to toggle reverse thrust.

Thanks !
elDaz2

Re: Toggle reverse thrust

Postby elDaz2 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:41 pm

Here is what I found out up until now:

- On the 737 there is 2 switches called "thrust reverser" on the roof behind the pilot. They don't do anything.

- On the 717 you can use the mouse or the button assigned to "decrease throttle" to toggle the thrust reverser levers. They do activate the thrust reverser on both engine but since the throttle is throttled all the way down, it does not make the plane go backward.
elDaz2

Postby admin » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:47 am

You can bind a button to "Settings -> Controls -> Decrease Throttle". Hold down this button and it'll let you move your throttle into reverser range :)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby elDaz2 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:24 am

Thanks for the reply :)

- As I wrote in my original post, on the the 717, decreasing thrust does toggle thrust reverser on the engine (you see them extend on the engine), but the plane stay put. I am no pilot but if I toggle reversed thrust levers on my MD-80 in X-plane and go full throttle, the plane does go backward.

- Decreasing thrust does not toggle thrust reverser on the 737. Again, I am no pilot but in X-Plane, toggling thrust reverser button and going full throttle, the 737 does go backward.
elDaz2

Return to Feature Requests & Questions