Ability to download scenery outside of app

Moderators: Tony, admin

Ability to download scenery outside of app

Postby baggyg » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:22 am

Hi,

It would be great if you could download the scenery outside of the app. For me a ~20gb download takes quite a long time. I therefore have to have the app running the whole time. If I manually turn off the monitor, when I turn it back on I get a very strange effect. The screen looks torn. it then doesn't detect there is any video signal and I need to restart the computer.
baggyg

Re: Ability to download scenery outside of app

Postby MalcolmFI » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:30 pm

Hello, thanks for the suggestion, we'll be looking into separate downloading. Does that issue with your monitor happen while you're not running the sim? It sounds like it could be a separate issue related to your monitor or graphics card.
MalcolmFI

Postby baggyg » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:55 pm

No I've only ever had it when the simulator is running (in monitor mode). I'll try it again and try and take a picture.
baggyg

Postby scottharmes6 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:35 am

Please do get the downloading issues sorted out. Firstly I think it is imperative that an updater is made separate from the simulator, especially with the massive downloads for scenery. I am also having trouble downloading the scenery package, so much so that I have given up for the moment and uninstalled the program. I will wait for the downloader/updater to be improved. When I try to download the scenery update it cuts out and needs to be restarted. To make it worse, it begins from the start, and not from where it cut out. It took a long time for me to get the first update which I suppose just contained the aircraft, and at this point it is impossible for me to get the scenery update. There needs to be some type of download management built in, so the download can continue where it left off if it cuts out or if the user needs to turn of their PC or internet.

Hopefully you can find a solution to this.

Cheers,
scottharmes6

Postby admin » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:58 am

Scott, just sent you an e-mail :)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests & Questions