Motion data to be made accessible to external applications

Moderators: Tony, admin

Motion data to be made accessible to external applications

Postby Croccy22 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:55 pm

Loving the new flight sim so far but I keep having to go back to my old flight sim as I have a motion simulator controlled by Simtools and currently there is no plugin available for flyinside flight simulator.

The SDK for simtools looks faulty simple but to write a plugin we need a way of accessing pitch, roll,yaw, heave, sway, surge from an external application. I believe all of these values are accessible within the flight sim by your SDK but there is no way of accessing these values from a third party application.

I think this would encourage another group of flight simmers to buy your product if it can support motion rigs.
Croccy22

Re: Motion data to be made accessible to external applicatio

Postby admin » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:44 pm

Hear you loud and clear :) We have socket broadcast support under development for the SDK, next version will allow you to transmit any data you want from the simulator as network packets.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Stavka » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:33 am

Hi Dan,
and inversed can be possible in the future?
Exist some simulators that also broadcast tcp/ip packets of their position and if your flight simulator can work also as in slave mode receiving that packets and put the view according to that position and atitude information, it will be a dream to some projects. What i have in mind is the connection of PSX (Precision Simulator X) as the main 747 simulator with FlyInside FS as the image generator for the out of the window view. The software that will do the bridge between both that will receive the packets from PSX and reformat the data scheme to FlyInside and send the packets to it, i take care of it, i’m developer.

It will be great because the world on your sim looks great and runs perfectly and much more smooth than fsx/p3d.
Thank You!!!
Stavka

Postby admin » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:09 am

Yes for sure! We're running a little behind so the packet support didn't make it out in the December Update, but the APIs allow for transmission or reception of packets as server or client.
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Stavka » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:11 am

Thank You!
That will be fantastic!
Stavka

Return to Feature Requests & Questions