Helicopter Stuff

Moderators: Tony, admin

Helicopter Stuff

Postby Phil Croucher » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:12 am

I sent this to support as part of another query, but essentially...

I don’t know how much resources it will take or whether you feel it would be commercially viable, but it would be nice to do things with helicopters other than fly to oil rigs.

I have progressed a long way with this myself, but I simply don’t have the resources – it concerns slinging loads and the fact that many pilots have to learn on a real machine. I have managed in MS X to get a screen on the floor and be able to watch a slung load with my head “out of the door” but if some experts could get hold of the idea and extend it to force feedback on the controls and deal with loads that start swinging, it would be first of all a great training aid (the real problem for pilots is learning to fly looking sideways and down) and secondly a good game if you get people to sling load something at the end of a 100 foot line into a barrel. Both potentially good markets.

Would it be possible to add simple tasks – using your reset flight capability, for example (brilliant!), would it be possible to put a helicopter at the top of an autorotation so engine off landings can be practised continuously rather than having to go round the circuit each time? I guess the same would apply to ILS approaches in the 737 etc.

Another though occurs – is there any mileage in hooking up two VR sets to the same computer so an instructor can join in as well?
Phil Croucher

Re: Helicopter Stuff

Postby admin » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:35 pm

Hi Phil,

Thank you for reaching out. We'll be back to you shortly on this via e-mail :)

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests & Questions