FFS Scenery tool tutorial vid

Postby Tony » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:37 am

Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: FFS Scenery tool tutorial vid

Postby frankturley » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:19 am

I managed to get as far as getting outside the plane, moving to where I needed to be, and placing objects, but I couldn't follow the instructions for saving the scenery, I expected to be prompted for a file name, and I hit the shift key and the screen went crazy!

Can I suggest you at least produce a simple guide to the keys please, and more precise save instructions. Thanks.
frankturley

Postby Tony » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:31 pm

Of Course mate, I should of made it clearer in my video...I'll do it As soon as i can :)

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby frankturley » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:33 am

Sorry Tony, I didn't want to sound critical, I managed to get the external view keys by pausing the video, then experimenting with each key, and I got the 1 & 2 keys plus mouse wheel because you used them a few times. Today I discovered that I had managed to save yesterday's experiment, and I have found the file I created inside the data\sceneryareas folder.

I'm not sure about the import routine - I have tens of thousands of objects in libraries for FSX/P3d, it would be nice to be able to import those, although I get what you say about copyright.
frankturley

Postby frankturley » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:51 am

Oh dear, I hope I'm not being a nuisance, but -
Yesterday I managed to create a test file, it was a helicopter sitting on the ramp at EGTK. Today I thought I would repeat the process, so I placed a tiger cub next to the helicopter. Now when I start FFS I can see the cub but not the helicopter. I have checked and both my files still exist where they should. Is there some sort of fringe around an object which removes anything close by?
frankturley

Postby Tony » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:18 pm

I'm sure if the items you have from your object library and permission gained from the developer/owner to use within FFS I'm pretty sure I could add them. As for an exclusion zone around previously laid objects, I'll check that one with Dan for us, I'd like to know also ;)
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby frankturley » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:20 pm

Re the FSX/P3d objects, the tool I use there is Airport Design Editor, which has the facility to import object libraries from BGL files, and once imported, they can be referenced by their GUID. Objects within libraries may be inspected by ModelConverterX. I guess We need something similar.
frankturley

Postby frankturley » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:49 am

Its around a year now since I asked for information about the FFS scenery tools, should I assume I'm not going to get any answers?
frankturley

Return to New FFS Scenery tools