Flying on Ivao with Flyinside.Full ATC

A place for VR pilots to rest and post screenshots and videos and chat about anything.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Flying on Ivao with Flyinside.Full ATC

Postby Melchor » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:33 am

Great immersion flying on Ivao with the Oculus Rift. This is a flight approaching Madrid with full ATC including a missed approach due to the previous aircraft not vacating the runway on time.. Sorry, most in Spanish. I used OBS to record the video which is now working with the last beta version of Flyinside and runtime 0.7.0. You can see on this video how being able to open virtual windows is essential to fly Online.

https://youtu.be/z2zZS5hqIkc
P3D 2.5
i7 4790k OC 4.6
gtx 970
Melchor

Re: Flying on Ivao with Flyinside.Full ATC

Postby n3bulaR » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:22 pm

Hi Melchor,

Very nice video. I didn't have time to watch the whole hour, but it looks great. I also fly on Ivao, and after a bit of experimenting with different settings, it works very well. It would interest me to know if you notice any significant impact on your framerate with Ivap running? Have you flown with lots of traffic online and was it okay? Do you use the Ivap traffic limit?
intel i5-4690K CPU
8 GB RAM
GeForce GTX970, Driver Version 385.41
Win 8.1, FSX SP2 + Acceleration
DK2, Oculus Home 1.17
n3bulaR

Postby Melchor » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi n3bulaR

Actually the only thing that has an impact on the frame rates is the live weather. Traffic is not a problem.On this video there were about 30 planes around Madrid and didnt noticed any drop on FPS. I have seen a big improvement with P3d v3. I would love to show this video on Ivao forum but you know their policy about privacy. For me, I find it difficult to go back to flying on the monitor. Its so more immersive on the rift.
P3D 2.5
i7 4790k OC 4.6
gtx 970
Melchor

Postby n3bulaR » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:24 pm

I absolutely know what you mean. Flying on a monitor doesn't come close to this awesome feeling of flying on the rift and I also can't go back! I'm actually really surprised that only very few people on Ivao seem to be interested in VR at the moment. There is almost nothing about it on the forums and there are apparently only a handful of members who use Oculus/Flyinside.
Regarding the FPS, I think Ivap reduces the framerate a bit more on FSX, but I'm still testing and I've not flown with heavy multiplayer traffic so far.
intel i5-4690K CPU
8 GB RAM
GeForce GTX970, Driver Version 385.41
Win 8.1, FSX SP2 + Acceleration
DK2, Oculus Home 1.17
n3bulaR

Postby kje1940 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:47 am

Yes it is great to fly on IVAO with FlyInside, but we need possibility to have ivAp in cockpit, and perhaps a Navmap.
kje1940

Postby AnnaQuinn » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:26 am

Virtual Sky Video · Work as an Air Traffic Controller. IVAO allows you to work just as a real air traffic controller would · Take to the Skies as a pilot.Fly any World War Two plane across Canada in this two day event. This 14 leg flight will ... Each pilot has to complete a flyin-flyout or flyout-flyin.
AnnaQuinn

Return to The Lounge