CV1 and recommended specs !!!

A place for VR pilots to rest and post screenshots and videos and chat about anything.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

CV1 and recommended specs !!!

Postby Tony » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:04 pm

OK I've run the tool to see if my PC can run CV1 and I have a FX9370 octo core and it says nooooooo :?

My system isn't up to Oculus standards. Any thoughts or opinions on this ? I thought this chip was still high end ?

Or is Oculus in Intel's pocket ?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: CV1 and recommended specs !!!

Postby Robert » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:26 pm

Hey Tony, I'd just wait and see how things run. You might be OK. Lots of people have been reporting at least what they consider to be bad recommendations by that tool. Maybe it's right and maybe it's wrong. But a real test with the CV1 will be the ultimate decider.

Not sure what Oculus is basing that call on, though. Maybe looking for particular instructions, or performance, or who knows what?

But don't forget overclocking. I've been ratcheting up the clock on my 980 and CPU (not touching voltage as the heat goes up by the square of the change) and my Fire Strike scores keep climbing. I think if you are OK on Fire Strike, you stand a really good chance anyway.

Plus, Oculus may be erring on the side of caution. If they tell people their PC is ducky for VR with the CV1 and it isn't and they can't get proper frames, it kind of leaves the noobs in limbo as to what the problem is. But I have no idea what the real answer is except maybe try it for yourself and see?
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Return to The Lounge