Joystick as mouse

A place for VR pilots to rest and post screenshots and videos and chat about anything.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Joystick as mouse

Postby Sharkku » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:08 pm

Just wanted to share a little something I discovered the other day. I have a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, but this should work with other joysticks as well. Begin by downloading a little program called Autohotkey https://autohotkey.com/
Next, copy this script and paste it into the active scriptfile (right-click on the icon in the taskbar and select edit script): https://autohotkey.com/docs/scripts/JoystickMouse.htm
You have to edit the joystick number to match your setup. Save the file, and right-click again and choose "reload script". I now can use my left middle finger on the throttle to steer the mouse pointer and click, without having to let go of the HOTAS. Makes a world of difference, I can really recommend it!! No more fumbling around looking for the mouse! No more letting go of the primary stick to use the mouse! Awesome!
This little program is very handy for setting up other hotkeys as well. Lot of customization possibilities. And it's free.
CPU: i7-7700K @4.6 GHz, GPU: GTX1080Ti, RAM: 16 GB, OS: Win10 64-bit, HMD: Rift CV1
Software: FSX:SE, FFS, Nvidia driver: 391.35, Oculus runtime: public test channel, FlyInside 1.8013 beta

Beta tester and site mod
Sharkku

Re: Joystick as mouse

Postby Bruce_C » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:42 am

Thanks! I look forward to trying this out.

Bruce
i7-5820K Running @3.8GHz, 16GB RAM with Windows 10, GTX980 (384.94) Oculus Rift CV
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & CH Pro Pedals

Bruce_C

Re: Joystick as mouse

Postby Sharkku » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:14 pm

You're welcome! Let me know if it works for you, or if you have any questions on how to get it working.
CPU: i7-7700K @4.6 GHz, GPU: GTX1080Ti, RAM: 16 GB, OS: Win10 64-bit, HMD: Rift CV1
Software: FSX:SE, FFS, Nvidia driver: 391.35, Oculus runtime: public test channel, FlyInside 1.8013 beta

Beta tester and site mod
Sharkku

Return to The Lounge