ORBX Libraries Update Issue - See Before Updating

A place for VR pilots to rest and post screenshots and videos and chat about anything.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

ORBX Libraries Update Issue - See Before Updating

Postby Robert » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:24 am

Hey guys, just saw this and thought I'd give a heads up. Apparently Orbx is using some strong DRM now and if you download and update the Orbx libraries with an exe it can delete all of your Orbx scenery assuming you are a thief.

Here is more info with links to discussions back at Orbx: http://msflights.net/forum/showthread.p ... t-ORBLIBS-!

I recently updated but used the FTX Central utility which apparently doesn't have this problem. No problems at all for me.

Anyway, just a heads-up there may be issues if you download and install manually.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Re: ORBX Libraries Update Issue - See Before Updating

Postby Markeebo » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:33 pm

interesting. Just did a full OS/FSX/P3D reinstall. I own them. I wil flip my sh!t if it deletes anything.

Markeebo
Markeebo

Postby exploremore » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:24 am

JV says it has bee thoroughly tested and in the unlikely situation you have problems there are solutions
OrbX claims they have lost a lot of money through piracy so they are simply defending their intellectual property
P3D v3.4 & 4 | FlyInside 1.8 | Oculus CV1 | ASRock X99 | Intel i7 | 32Gb RAM | 1Tb SSD | Titan X | Windows 10 | Saitek X52 | Many OrbX items
exploremore

Postby Sharkku » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:56 pm

I'm so tired of that argument "lost a lot of money". They haven't "lost" a single dime. Maybe their sales have been a little bit lower than they would have been without piracy, but I bet you the majority of people who pirated their software wouldn't have bought it anyway. "Not gain as much" is not the same as "lose". Sigh.
CPU: i7-7700K @4.6 GHz, GPU: GTX1080Ti, RAM: 16 GB, OS: Win10 64-bit, HMD: Rift CV1
Software: FSX:SE, FFS, Nvidia driver: 391.35, Oculus runtime: public test channel, FlyInside 1.8013 beta

Beta tester and site mod
Sharkku

Return to The Lounge