Frooglesim news Flyinside review

A place for VR pilots to rest and post screenshots and videos and chat about anything.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Frooglesim news Flyinside review

Postby Tony » Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am

https://youtu.be/utJ7flnVH5k wow what a great review !!!!

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony
 
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 3:20 pm
Location: Rift User

Re: Frooglesim news Flyinside review

Postby Bruce_C » Tue May 31, 2016 11:36 am

It's a good start for sure!

I'll watch to properly later but the first few minutes he seems to do a pretty big 'u turn' in his opinion, great news!
i7-5820K Running @3.8GHz, 16GB RAM with Windows 10, GTX980 (384.94) Oculus Rift CV
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & CH Pro Pedals

Image
Bruce_C
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:03 pm
Location: Midlands, UK

Re: Frooglesim news Flyinside review

Postby Derek Speare » Tue May 31, 2016 7:08 pm

There's nothing better for VR and flying than FlyInside!
Derek "BoxxMann" Speare - An old "sim head"
System: i7-5930k | GTX980ti | Evo850 1tb | 32g ram | 2-DSD Button Boxes | Latest OH | CH Sticks | Win10 Pro | FSX:SE | P3D2.5/3 | XP v10/v11 | Leap Orion | CV1/WMR/DK2


http://www.derekspearedesigns.com
Derek Speare
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:38 pm
Location: BoxxTown USA!

Re: Frooglesim news Flyinside review

Postby aerohead » Tue May 31, 2016 7:55 pm

I think he now gets it :o Let's hope this spreads to others out there....

Fly-Inside brought me back to FSX after losing interest about 3 years ago. I had spent the previous 30 years constantly keeping up with the latest sims. I now have over 100hrs under the DK2 using Fly-inside, mostly VFR, and am enjoying many old and new add-ons.

I've also picked up DCS, WarThunder, and Project Cars in the last 6 months....all due to VR. That crazy DK2 I spent $350 on 2 years ago and Dan's $35 piece of software from last fall has caused me to spend multiple thousands of dollars getting back into simming.


Its all your fault Dan 8-)
i7-5280 @ 4.5Ghz, AMD R290 with triple monitors, DK2 and CV1, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD & 2TB HDD
FSX-SE, Win10, Oculus Runtime 1.4, Fly-Inside 1.4
aerohead
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Frooglesim news Flyinside review

Postby Robert » Tue May 31, 2016 8:47 pm

DCOC (FlyInside's predecessor) is what brought me back and same thing here. It has cost me a lot of money - but I go willingly to the slaughter. :D

I'm glad Froogle had the chance to try it out and now sees and understands. That's the down side of VR and it almost sounds like describing the mantra of a cult, but there really is a big dividing line between those who have tried it and get it and those who haven't and don't. They don't have the real basis to understand just what it is like and any descriptions just sound like rantings of hype.

And I also blame Dan. :D
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 8:44 pm
Location: New Mexico

Re: Frooglesim news Flyinside review

Postby Derek Speare » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:28 am

aerohead wrote:I think he now gets it :o Let's hope this spreads to others out there....

Fly-Inside brought me back to FSX after losing interest about 3 years ago. I had spent the previous 30 years constantly keeping up with the latest sims. I now have over 100hrs under the DK2 using Fly-inside, mostly VFR, and am enjoying many old and new add-ons.

I've also picked up DCS, WarThunder, and Project Cars in the last 6 months....all due to VR. That crazy DK2 I spent $350 on 2 years ago and Dan's $35 piece of software from last fall has caused me to spend multiple thousands of dollars getting back into simming.


Its all your fault Dan 8-)


You should give Assetto Corsa a go as well as Live for Speed...both are better quality driving experiences than Pcars. iRacing will have proper VR support on the horizon, and Dirt Rally will have VR support for v1.3+ runtimes in their next update.

I hadn't given flight simming any attention in 10+ years...then along came Dan and my DK2 and here I am! My time in flight sims goes back to the FS3 and Falcon for 8088 PC...late 80's :D

Robert wrote:DCOC (FlyInside's predecessor) is what brought me back and same thing here. It has cost me a lot of money - but I go willingly to the slaughter. :D

I'm glad Froogle had the chance to try it out and now sees and understands. That's the down side of VR and it almost sounds like describing the mantra of a cult, but there really is a big dividing line between those who have tried it and get it and those who haven't and don't. They don't have the real basis to understand just what it is like and any descriptions just sound like rantings of hype.

And I also blame Dan. :D


VR users are like those who have left Socrates's cave...non-users of VR are those who are still in there; we are 3d and they are still unenlightened 2d people (hoping not to sound arrogant). They really have no idea until they try it. With traditional 2d screen-based gaming the player was an observer, watching his character act in the gaming world and the gaming world act upon it. With VR gaming the psychological bridge is crossed to where we are the participant in the gaming/virtual world, acting within it and the world acting upon us. That's "presence", and why VR offers such a great experience.

But we all know this!
Derek "BoxxMann" Speare - An old "sim head"
System: i7-5930k | GTX980ti | Evo850 1tb | 32g ram | 2-DSD Button Boxes | Latest OH | CH Sticks | Win10 Pro | FSX:SE | P3D2.5/3 | XP v10/v11 | Leap Orion | CV1/WMR/DK2


http://www.derekspearedesigns.com
Derek Speare
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:38 pm
Location: BoxxTown USA!

Re: Frooglesim news Flyinside review

Postby aerohead » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:26 pm

I also really like LFS....graphics are simple by comparison, but drives better than Pcars

LFS and the DK2 caused me to spend $1000+ on Fanatec steering wheel, pedals, and shifter

Fly-Inside and FSX on DK2 made me spend $1000+ on Warthog Hotas, MFG pedals, and button boxes

I would not be spending this kind of money on a flat 2D experience....to me its just not worth it.


The hard part on adoption of VR is getting people to actually experience a quality sim. YouTube vids do not convey the 'presence' of the VR experience. Once Froogle got to experience this himself, he did a 180 on his opinion.
i7-5280 @ 4.5Ghz, AMD R290 with triple monitors, DK2 and CV1, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD & 2TB HDD
FSX-SE, Win10, Oculus Runtime 1.4, Fly-Inside 1.4
aerohead
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Frooglesim news Flyinside review

Postby Derek Speare » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:30 pm

..dp
Last edited by Derek Speare on Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek "BoxxMann" Speare - An old "sim head"
System: i7-5930k | GTX980ti | Evo850 1tb | 32g ram | 2-DSD Button Boxes | Latest OH | CH Sticks | Win10 Pro | FSX:SE | P3D2.5/3 | XP v10/v11 | Leap Orion | CV1/WMR/DK2


http://www.derekspearedesigns.com
Derek Speare
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:38 pm
Location: BoxxTown USA!

Re: Frooglesim news Flyinside review

Postby Derek Speare » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:30 pm

aerohead wrote:I also really like LFS....graphics are simple by comparison, but drives better than Pcars

LFS and the DK2 caused me to spend $1000+ on Fanatec steering wheel, pedals, and shifter

Fly-Inside and FSX on DK2 made me spend $1000+ on Warthog Hotas, MFG pedals, and button boxes

I would not be spending this kind of money on a flat 2D experience....to me its just not worth it.


The hard part on adoption of VR is getting people to actually experience a quality sim. YouTube vids do not convey the 'presence' of the VR experience. Once Froogle got to experience this himself, he did a 180 on his opinion.


Good gear makes a huge difference!

That's the reality of seeing it for one's self to understand it. Some folks, big VR fans like many of us, have a great sense of the scope and magnitude VR offers...I knew this since I first saw it 20 years ago. It's good Pete took the time with it and it's even better than FlyInside opened the door for him. Having an influential personality in flight simming becoming a strong proponent of VR is good for the genre. He has a big voice.

If you're a fan of DCS you may want to get Andre's Sim Shaker utility to enable bass transducers for tactile effects:

http://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/p/downloads.html

That way you can get some cool audio gear like amps and shakers to crank up your VR experiences by shaking your chassis. I use it myself...at low output levels. It's like Bernie's "SimVibe" but only for DCS
Derek "BoxxMann" Speare - An old "sim head"
System: i7-5930k | GTX980ti | Evo850 1tb | 32g ram | 2-DSD Button Boxes | Latest OH | CH Sticks | Win10 Pro | FSX:SE | P3D2.5/3 | XP v10/v11 | Leap Orion | CV1/WMR/DK2


http://www.derekspearedesigns.com
Derek Speare
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:38 pm
Location: BoxxTown USA!

Re: Frooglesim news Flyinside review

Postby aerohead » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:14 pm

Derek Speare wrote:
aerohead wrote:I also really like LFS....graphics are simple by comparison, but drives better than Pcars


If you're a fan of DCS you may want to get Andre's Sim Shaker utility to enable bass transducers for tactile effects:

http://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/p/downloads.html

That way you can get some cool audio gear like amps and shakers to crank up your VR experiences by shaking your chassis. I use it myself...at low output levels. It's like Bernie's "SimVibe" but only for DCS



I just love it how people here find more ways for me to spend money.... 8-) 8-) 8-)
This message board is getting expensive
I may need a marriage counselor ;)
i7-5280 @ 4.5Ghz, AMD R290 with triple monitors, DK2 and CV1, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD & 2TB HDD
FSX-SE, Win10, Oculus Runtime 1.4, Fly-Inside 1.4
aerohead
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Minnesota

Next

Return to The Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest