Some info for multiplayer flying in one place...

A place for VR pilots to rest and post screenshots and videos and chat about anything.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Some info for multiplayer flying in one place...

Postby Robert » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:35 am

There are a number of us who were early beta testers who set up and sorted out some of the multiplayer stuff. We are opening the Teamspeak server up to get more multiplayer flyers but any time you open resources to bigger populations, you can get surprised. Please don't repost the TS info anywhere else. It's only for FlyInside use.

The server name is FIFSXBeta and the address is ts01-co.aspnix.com. It's also aliased to fifsxbeta.ts.aspnix.com. Password is FlyInside (note the F and I are capital letters). Hate to say this but anyone who abuses it will be banned.

It's counterintuitive but lock your FSX frame rate in the graphics settings page to 30 fps and use the FlyInside main page to verify you can hold that OK. The difference in visuals is worth any tradeoffs to get to 30 fps if you are lower than 30. If you are running solid above 30 when not locked, it's an opportunity to turn up the eye candy but you want to be solid above so the lock can hold at 30.

Depending on your skills, you may want to turn off collision detection so any otherwise fatal flubs in real life don't cause you to "die" in VR too.

Anyone wanting to host sessions on the FSX:SE or P3D servers will need to open some ports in your firewall and set up port forwarding. This isn't necessary if you are just going to join other hosted sessions. (Lots of information online on how to do port forwarding and which ports you need forwarded) We have been running with passwords on sessions to keep gate crashers out. Simple stuff like pass or oculus. What we've also been doing are taking the group up to sight see around the places we live or the places we know. It really adds a lot when someone knows an area.

Bruce/Mort is running a server that allows those running different versions of FSX to fly as well but I'll leave it for him to decide if he wants to open it up.

We run some non-stock planes and what you may find us running:

The free Mossie: http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_lib/thumbn ... p?album=48

Ant has some more free airplanes at http://www.antsairplanes.com From that stable we have been flying the Tiger Moth and T-28A. Some of us have gone ahead and bought the B/C version.

Some are flying P-38s from Flight Sim Developers: http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/P38/

Anyone else have fun planes, please let us know! And if anyone has video recording working again after 0.7.0 I would really be interested in hearing about this.

I'm sure I've left stuff out and anyone feel free to add to this thread. One thing is let's try to keep this thread as just informational so it stays concise and useful.

Hope to see you in the skies! If you haven't flown multiplayer with no judders, it is an amazing treat! :D

A little something to set the mood...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxYsxxBtIQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rai-3mrZbIA
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Re: Some info for multiplayer flying in one place...

Postby Bruce_C » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:51 pm

As Robert has said I've got an FSHost server running for anyone flying with FlyInside to use.

The server address is:

fifsxbeta.m0rt.co.uk OR http://217.160.93.161/

the password is: oculus

You can browse the server status in your browser. If the page is unavailable then the server is not running, please post here or send me a PM or Steam message.

FSHost is an alternative to connecting to a multiplayer session through the sim itself. The benefits are that it's cross compatible between different versions of FS, including both boxed and steam editions of FSX, Prepar3D and FS2002 and 2004!

To connect you will need the FSHost client software installed. You may also need to forward ports to be able to connect to the server, but most people seem to be able to connect without.

You can also use FSHost Spy to see all the servers registered with the master server and search for ours.
Last edited by Bruce_C on Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
i7-5820K Running @3.8GHz, 16GB RAM with Windows 10, GTX980 (384.94) Oculus Rift CV
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & CH Pro Pedals

Bruce_C

Postby Bruce_C » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:53 pm

To add to the fun aircraft downloads here is an excellent freeware Zlin 142 GA/Aerobatic aircraft that some of you might enjoy:

http://lhsimulations.com/pwdt-zlin-142-for-fsx/
i7-5820K Running @3.8GHz, 16GB RAM with Windows 10, GTX980 (384.94) Oculus Rift CV

Bruce_C

Postby Bruce_C » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:32 am

In the interests of keeping all the MP info in one place here's the Steam Group I've set up.
Last edited by Bruce_C on Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bruce_C

Postby Robert » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:56 pm

Bruce - I love the Zlin! Beautiful aircraft!

Thanks for posting the link!
Robert

Postby Tony » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:13 pm

I'll grab it tomorrow :)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Tony » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:18 pm

My Zlin loads but throws up a sound.ini file missing , I get no engine noise ?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Sharkku » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:38 am

I uploaded an old mission I found, that's good for practicing formation flying, to the teamspeak server. The file is Majon.zip and the mission is called Majon'ni. It's a free to share mission. Can really recommend it! Fly the default F/A-18 through a course of waypoints through China, and then into North Korea to bomb a power plant. Pretty cool! Just be sure to read the readme.txt and follow the installation instructions, and set your fps to limit at 30.
CPU: i7-7700K @4.6 GHz, GPU: GTX1080Ti, RAM: 16 GB, OS: Win10 64-bit, HMD: Rift CV1
Software: FSX:SE, FFS, Nvidia driver: 391.35, Oculus runtime: public test channel, FlyInside 1.8013 beta

Beta tester and site mod
Sharkku

Postby Robert » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:06 am

I'll give it a look, Axel. Thanks!

Hey Tony, on the Zlin the install is a little different than most others since it wants you to find the FSX and P3D directories yourself. Did you for sure get the right directory? Also, did you install as admin or a regular user? I know for most planes you are to install as admin but I went ahead and installed as a regular user and engine sound works here. Wish I had better suggestions...
Robert

Postby whitav8 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:56 pm

Robert (or another MP pilot),
I have downloaded Teamspeak (how should I set it up?) and FSHostclient (I have it set to the IP address on this forum) and ANT's Gypsy Moth and I would like to try the general concept of flying in formation just to see if I have everything setup so that I could be ready for the next group fly. Seems like a lot of fun.
Let me know if you could find a half hour for that sometime - I am on the Pacific Coast but retired so my time is flexible.

Thanks much!

Dave
Dave
Intel 9700K@5.0Ghz (8 core) + Nvidia2070(436.15) + P3Dv4.4 + FSX + 0.6 FSS + WMR HP Reverb v2 + Win10 (build 1903) + CAP2 + FS2
whitav8

Next

Return to The Lounge