Just WHO are we....????

A place for VR pilots to rest and post screenshots and videos and chat about anything.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Just WHO are we....????

Postby Sussex » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:58 am

We all have HUGE respect for the pioneering Dan, Tony and their team, without whom our mind-blowing virtual world would be impossible. They are, quite literally, out on their own. Truly leading the world.

Yes there are bound to be quirks in any field where entrepreneurs push the boundaries in uncharted territories (while Windows, NVIDIA and others constantly move the goalposts).

But I'd like to know about the quirky, surreal, lives that we all lead beyond "the hood".

...In short, who exactly are we?

I suspect we are not "normal" (as judged by others, at least). But precisely how?

This thread is designed to enable forum members to pile in pix illustrating other aspects of their lives so we can create a broader picture.

This could comprise anything illustrating quirky homes, lifestyles, careers, pets, other hobbies (is there time for other hobbies??), partners, even tattoos...

I'd like to kick off with this....

Mr T - low res.jpg
Mr T - low res.jpg (325.58 KiB) Viewed 16532 times

(and before anyone says "oh yeah, flash git", there is a model railway in the dining room... :D )

All pix welcome :-)
6700K Intel CPU · Asus ROG Maximus VIII Extreme Intel Z170 · Geforce GTX 1080 · 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 memory · Samsung 850 EVO 1Tb 2.5 inch SSD · all driving a CV1
Sussex

Re: Just WHO are we....????

Postby denrainwater » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:11 pm

Nice idea, Sussex! :)

I'll join the fray. The picture below illustrates my primary hobbies at the moment. Well, these...and Cruising.

I've worked around aviation since I joined the Air Force back in 1987. My 'career field' then was Weather -- and it it still is now. I manage the Contract Weather Office here at our local International Airport in north-central North Carolina. (Great job for someone with the last name of Rainwater, right?? :lol: ;)

I've got something over 5,500 hours on my sim. I literally taught myself to fly IRL with it -- but that's a bit of a long story for another time.

Anyway, here's my 'quirky' photo of the possessions that occupy most of my time when I'm away from the sim...

My Four Hobbies-2.jpg
My Four Hobbies-2.jpg (381.98 KiB) Viewed 16509 times
Prepar3D V5 | i7-6700k OC@4.6GHz | 32 GBs DDR4 3000 RAM | OS, P3D, Pilot's Mesh, Other Addons each installed to 4 separate Samsung EVO 850 SSDs | GTX 1080Ti | Win 10 Home 64-bit | CV1,
denrainwater

Postby Sussex » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:47 pm

Cool cars and a/c, denrainwater! They must be fun - BRILLIANT :D

Would love to hear more about your flying career.

I have done some flying also - started as a boy with RC models and they kinda got bigger. Boys and toys.

I have the Just Flight Tobago (TB10) teamed with Orbyx Shoreham Airport on Flyinside FSX to enable me to relive the past (with the realism, but minus the bills). The software is remarkable - even the 1930s control tower (seen in Poirot and The Crown) has rust oozing from cracks in the walls...

Any others with aircraft (models or full size?).

Cheers!
6700K Intel CPU · Asus ROG Maximus VIII Extreme Intel Z170 · Geforce GTX 1080 · 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 memory · Samsung 850 EVO 1Tb 2.5 inch SSD · all driving a CV1
Sussex

Postby Tony » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:53 pm

Love RC flying and my day job has me whizzing around with loud sirens and some flashy blue things on top ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to The Lounge