REX Halloween sale !!!

A place for VR pilots to rest and post screenshots and videos and chat about anything.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

REX Halloween sale !!!

Postby Tony » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:22 pm

If you haven't got REX now is the time to buy. Until the 6th November they are having a 50% sale from today.......Trust me, It's well worth a look :)

http://www.rexsimulations.com/news.html#halloween

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: REX Halloween sale !!!

Postby Jorgensen » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:07 pm

Hi tony

If you should choose from the REX selection what would you select?

Could you setup a priority list? :-)

thanks
jorgensen
Jorgensen

Postby Bruce_C » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:01 am

I have to say the product list is a little confusing. I've bought REX Essential Plus Overdrive though, we'll see how it looks!
i7-5820K Running @3.8GHz, 16GB RAM with Windows 10, GTX980 (384.94) Oculus Rift CV
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & CH Pro Pedals

Bruce_C

Postby Robert » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:19 am

That's the same package I got. I don't know if it is overkill or not but the weather, sky, and clouds look great!

Also, I guess the nice rain patter I was hearing in the T28 was due to REX since it does sound effects too. And runway and tarmac textures, water textures, and some other sound effects. I haven't tried it, but it also looks like they archive weather information so you can go back and replay various weather events.

But you do need to pay a few bucks extra to run REX with P3D but it's worth it especially in P3D since it seems the only way to get P3D (at least 2.5) to run with real world weather.

I picked it up based on Tony's suggestion and am glad I did. The extra realism kicks VR flying up a notch or two.

One last thing that confused me was how to make REX start injecting weather into FSX. Since I had registered to also use it with P3D, if I hit "Fly Now" it would autmatically launch P3D. I didn't see how to use it with FSX. Just go into the options for REX and turn off automatically launching a sim. Then when you click Fly Now it just opens up and loads textures. Then run FSX or P3D and the connection just happens. Doubt this is an issue for those who just run one or the other.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby Bruce_C » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:53 pm

I'm pretty impressed so far, though I'm going to hold off paying for P3D support until I use that sim more.
i7-5820K Running @3.8GHz, 16GB RAM with Windows 10, GTX980 (384.94) Oculus Rift CV
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & CH Pro Pedals

Bruce_C

Return to The Lounge