More Multiplayer Flying...

A place for VR pilots to rest and post screenshots and videos and chat about anything.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

More Multiplayer Flying...

Postby Robert » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:57 pm

Hey all, if you are interested, one of the FSX_Thunderbirds told me about this group doing multiplayer formation flying.

http://www.premaero.com/

It's a growing community of folks into this sort of craziness. (Because it's now past just silliness... :lol: )

Edit: Guys, I screwed this all up. Premaero is different from the Bluebirds. It's the Bluebirds that are boxed FSX only. Premaero is Steam and Teamspeak.
Last edited by Robert on Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Re: More Multiplayer Flying...

Postby Tony » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:01 pm

OOOHHH looks interesting Robert, You thinking of joining ? :)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Robert » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:03 pm

Edited to take out references to the Bluebirds. My bad for confusing the two.

One last bit - Bruce was trying to set up his port forwarding to be able to host in both FSX and P3D. We connected up in FSX but he could never join or even see a session I was hosting in P3D. Couldn't connect by direct to IP either. I gave him a list of all the ports I forward but it didn't help.

Just to make sure I was remembering correctly, after the four ship the other night, we were connecting up in P3D, weren't we?
Last edited by Robert on Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert

Postby Robert » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:26 am

For anyone interested, they are looking for a slot position. You can see what you think and inquire at the website link in the OP or email Harold (flight lead) at hecrowell@gmail.com.

Practice sessions / meet ups are at 7:30 pm on Friday nights, New Brunswick time. If you are interested and can make it, give Harold a shout.

I have no idea what skill level they are expecting or how things are but it looks like fun and a chance to get more precise and some kick butt visuals. I'll be filming but I'm falling behind on highlight reels as is. :D
Robert

Postby Nedo » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:20 am

Brunswick, thats in Canada right? hm that would be 0:30am my local time, thats maybe to late for me,
that time & day i seldom can walk straight ;*)
HTC Vive (sold Rift CV1) i7-4790K @4.4Ghz | 16GB DDR3 @2400 Mhz | GTX 1080 Phoenix "GLH" 8GB | Win10 x64 | SSD HD's only | Prepar3D 4
Nedo

Postby Tony » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:23 am

Maybe we can start a Flyinside formation team? Repainting the skins will be my job. A good colour scheme and fictional :) also times for practise , someone to record and the main one, type of aircraft. I'm thinking turboprop or the like. Fully aerobatic with oompf. Any one interested?

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Nedo » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:57 am

I would be interested, but you guys fly with FSX:SE right? Right now i ise P3D3 only but i also
have FlyInside for FSX:SE ready.
Btw. i dont know how to Fly (connect) Multiplayer in P3D3 at all ;-D
HTC Vive (sold Rift CV1) i7-4790K @4.4Ghz | 16GB DDR3 @2400 Mhz | GTX 1080 Phoenix "GLH" 8GB | Win10 x64 | SSD HD's only | Prepar3D 4
Nedo

Postby Tony » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:01 am

We use both platforms and can connect on multi with p3d and can show you :)

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Robert » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:44 am

Maybe we can start a Flyinside formation team? Repainting the skins will be my job. A good colour scheme and fictional :) also times for practise , someone to record and the main one, type of aircraft. I'm thinking turboprop or the like. Fully aerobatic with oompf. Any one interested?

Oh hell yes! :D

For aircraft, I'm pretty fond of the T-28 but am up for anything. It has good visibility and the polished metal looks damn fine and some bold trim and it could look great! Or even a full paint.

I was online doing some flying in the FSX Thunderbirds public server this weekend and even with ping times in the 90s, if a jet made a really bold move it would rubberband pretty severely but that was flying at speed. I think as long as we keep speeds below 300 kts, we have a better chance of smooth flight.
Robert

Postby Nedo » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:09 pm

Since we are into formationsflying, here is something to check out:

http://gizmodo.com/this-360-degree-view ... 1742310427

I will try to watch the video with the Rift when i'm at home! :D
Nedo

Next

Return to The Lounge