Formation Team

A place for VR pilots to rest and post screenshots and videos and chat about anything.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Formation Team

Postby Tony » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:04 pm

Ok all, this sounds like a great idea :) we have Europeans and Americans and others here so we can get practice and get together at certain times ;)

We need to decide on the plane first ? Something with punch, air brakes and great vc and visibility and also free would be a bonus!!! Ideas below. Also I was thinking if it's formation flying then eye candy can be turned low to get great fps ?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: Formation Team

Postby Derek Speare » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:56 pm

I'm in. I haven't done formation in some time but can do it. I'd really like to participate. BTW, DCS can be a good platform as well. It's free, and though the SU27T isn't the best choice, it's free too.

The F22 is a base content plane in P3d...though not everyone has it. The default F/A-18 in FSX is rubbish because of the non-colimated HUD. I can't fly it that way. Dino's T45 is a freebie and is a pretty good plane, albeit a bit long in the tooth. I'm guessing any of the planes worth using are going to be "pay-for" ones.
Derek "BoxxMann" Speare - An old "sim head"
System: i7-5930k | GTX980ti | Evo850 1tb | 32g ram | 2-DSD Button Boxes | Latest OH | CH Sticks | Win10 Pro | FSX:SE | P3D2.5/3 | XP v10/v11 | Leap Orion | CV1/WMR/DK2

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com
Derek Speare

Postby Robert » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:13 pm

Ant's T-28 B and C have speed brakes, a great VC, great visibility, but aren't free. The A model is though. But the B/C package (you get both) is $19.95 US. And there is a paint kit. And it runs in both FSX and P3D. (http://www.antsairplanes.com/trojan.html) :D

But, at http://www.carenado.com, they have three planes that might be suitable - Pitts S-2S, the SU-26, and an Extra 300. All have one blank texture and all are $19.95 US. All are also for both FSX and P3D so you are basically getting two planes for the price of one. I love the Carenado/Alabeo aircraft though they do tend to impact frame rates some. I have the Pitts and it is a nice flying plane and fun to fly. I also have the Waco YMF5 but it's not aerobatic. Fun to fly and beautiful, but no inverted flight and a bit underpowered.

The T-28, SU-26, and Extra 300 would all have great vis. The Pitts would have less being a biplane but it's not bad speaking from experience.

Maybe we should build a list and then vote?

I would be happy with any of these. I'm sure there are other good candidates as well but am not familiar with them to recommend. Anyone else got suggestions?
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby Tony » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:52 pm

I think the trojan would be good to start as a training tool to then move up to something else ? Big and easy to formate on and hopefully reliable lol. Does the smoke work on it ? Great for join ups and great for glossy videos lol

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Bruce_C » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:17 pm

I' m in, I have the T28B/C model too.
i7-5820K Running @3.8GHz, 16GB RAM with Windows 10, GTX980 (384.94) Oculus Rift CV
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & CH Pro Pedals

Bruce_C

Postby Sharkku » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:07 am

I'm in as well! Just downloaded the T-28A. I would consider getting the paid version if it's the consensus.
Most of all, I wish the default F/A-18 had a properly collimated HUD though...
CPU: i7-7700K @4.6 GHz, GPU: GTX1080Ti, RAM: 16 GB, OS: Win10 64-bit, HMD: Rift CV1
Software: FSX:SE, FFS, Nvidia driver: 391.35, Oculus runtime: public test channel, FlyInside 1.8013 beta

Beta tester and site mod
Sharkku

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:28 am

Here's a direct link for the home-improved FA-18C used by the FSX Blue Angels. I haven't tried it out yet, but maybe it could work? They sure make good use of it, seeing their videos.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ALq ... ion=locate
i5-4440 3.10GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit), Windows 8.1, Oculus Rift DK2,Runtime 1.4, Leap Motion, Saïtek X52, three cats and a corn snake.
Phil_Giordana_FCD

Postby Tony » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:41 am

Link is dead for me ? Unless I need an account ?

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:45 am

Techy111 wrote:Link is dead for me ? Unless I need an account ?

Tony

Weird, it worked fine for me, but I've just disabled my cloud drive and now it doesn't work anymore. So, yeah, probably account. The link was put up by one of the team guys, but I have the archive on my HD and can send it via yousendit or other if need be. Anyone just PM me.

I've just done a short test flight, and so far I will say: sleek VC, pretty smooth, great overall FOV, not the best external model, HUD seems to be working fine.
i5-4440 3.10GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit), Windows 8.1, Oculus Rift DK2,Runtime 1.4, Leap Motion, Saïtek X52, three cats and a corn snake.
Phil_Giordana_FCD

Postby Tony » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:47 am

Worth a try don't you think :) PM sent

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Next

Return to The Lounge