FSX - Realistic Flight Model - Always goes to left

A place for VR pilots to rest and post screenshots and videos and chat about anything.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: FSX - Realistic Flight Model - Always goes to left

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:29 am

Side wind?
i5-4440 3.10GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit), Windows 8.1, Oculus Rift DK2,Runtime 1.4, Leap Motion, Saïtek X52, three cats and a corn snake.
Phil_Giordana_FCD

Postby Tony » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:52 am

You know that's quite a good thought there ! Try to disable all weather and make the day as calm and clear as possible then try a few different aircraft at varying altitudes and see what happens. Also if you put autopilot on does it stabilise ok ? Thinking about realism a plane would not fly straight and level if it wasn't trimmed. Have you tried trimming it out also Derek ?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Derek Speare » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:36 am

Yes, I have cleared all weather off as well. I've removed all of the variables that can cause it from happening. And it's not a subtle issue. The plane literally makes a hard turn to the left. I'm going to rework the system again (another plus for SSD's) and see what happens.
Derek "BoxxMann" Speare - An old "sim head"
System: i7-5930k | GTX980ti | Evo850 1tb | 32g ram | 2-DSD Button Boxes | Latest OH | CH Sticks | Win10 Pro | FSX:SE | P3D2.5/3 | XP v10/v11 | Leap Orion | CV1/WMR/DK2

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com
Derek Speare

Postby Robert » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:06 am

Hey Derek, just to see, fire up the sim with the DK2 off, load up an aftermarket plane like the T-28A (I think you have posted that you have that one), and go to an external view. Look at the rudder trim tab and see if it is straight or kicked to the side. If you don't see any deflection, try again in the Rift. It may also show up in rudder pedal position if it's not just trim. But in the T-28, the trim indicators are big and on the lower left console. Check them and see if they are showing center or not.

Can't be certain until we hear about trim tabs/indicators, but this sounds a lot like a trim issue and by default FSX and P3D seem to set up with multiple ways of adjusting trim. If one of those also gets set up to another input it can inadvertently add trim. I have the issue with adjusting cockpit scale. I used the num pad enter and decimal point keys for scale but it is a rudder input. Just tapping the rudder fixes it though since it's not a continuous input. It sounds like yours is continuous.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby Derek Speare » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:01 pm

Thanks again, gents. I'm out of guesses, and I've reformatted the system now nine times and an effort to isolate the situation. I'm still installing things on this latest go. The next step is a new computer :/
System: i7-5930k | GTX980ti | Evo850 1tb | 32g ram | 2-DSD Button Boxes | Latest OH | CH Sticks | Win10 Pro | FSX:SE | P3D2.5/3 | XP v10/v11 | Leap Orion | CV1/WMR/DK2

Derek Speare

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:15 am

Something to try, now that we're down to drastic options:

Check what key/button is assigned to left yaw, then open a blank notepad and type in the assigned key/button a few times to see if maybe it gets stuck somehow.

Check whatever game controller calibration you can have access to via your control panel. I know you said it was still in a left yaw even without controllers plugged in, but it's worth a check. My X-52's yaw axis is all kind of [expletive relating to naughty activity]'d up and I've had to set its deadzone to maximum so it wouldn't interfere with the flight (I've now assigned yaw to the top rotatory on the throttle).

I'll try to think of other options as well.
Last edited by Phil_Giordana_FCD on Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
i5-4440 3.10GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit), Windows 8.1, Oculus Rift DK2,Runtime 1.4, Leap Motion, Saïtek X52, three cats and a corn snake.
Phil_Giordana_FCD

Postby Tony » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:19 am

Could you edit your post a tad please , we have youngsters on here :)

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:38 am

Techy111 wrote:Could you edit your post a tad please , we have youngsters on here :)

Tony

Wooops, sorry. Better now?
Phil_Giordana_FCD

Postby Tony » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:10 am

Much better lmao :D

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Derek Speare » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:38 pm

I'm throwing in the towel. Nine system reformats and it's still there. Thanks for the help anyhow!

Derek Speare

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge