FSX - Realistic Flight Model - Always goes to left

A place for VR pilots to rest and post screenshots and videos and chat about anything.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: FSX - Realistic Flight Model - Always goes to left

Postby Tony » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:33 pm

And saw this if it helps on another forum. Look in documents and make sure all old flights are deleted.

...oh, and don't forget to delete those saved flights BECAUSE they somehow lock the AP settings from previous flights into the computers memory.

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Derek Speare » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:34 pm

Techy111 wrote:I been trolling the net and see some people have had this exact problem with DCS. His error was madcatz programming software. But yours is a clean install. He described the error exactly. The video makes it clearer what you are experiencing now.

Tony

One of the installations and tests was with a bare bum system, no controllers, only minimum updates and FSX. Same trouble.
Derek "BoxxMann" Speare - An old "sim head"
System: i7-5930k | GTX980ti | Evo850 1tb | 32g ram | 2-DSD Button Boxes | Latest OH | CH Sticks | Win10 Pro | FSX:SE | P3D2.5/3 | XP v10/v11 | Leap Orion | CV1/WMR/DK2

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com
Derek Speare

Postby Tony » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:36 pm

And this as another resort ?

I had problem of joystick pulling to the left,
I reinstalled, brought a new joystick, got a new pc and tried everything I could find on the internet.

Today I found a cure for me, maybe it will help some of you out too. Or maybe help towards a new fix who knows.

Anyhow, Way I fixed was lowered realism settings to easy, tested game and stick worked fine. Then increase the difficulty setting to hard tested again and it pulled left yet again Sad.

I found with custom settings everything on hard/most realistic, I needed to have P-FACTOR & TORQUE off/easy
Tested again and it works great no left pull at all.

Hope this helps at least 1 of you out Smile

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Derek Speare » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:36 pm

Techy111 wrote:And saw this if it helps on another forum. Look in documents and make sure all old flights are deleted.

...oh, and don't forget to delete those saved flights BECAUSE they somehow lock the AP settings from previous flights into the computers memory.

Tony

I'd not guess it applies to a clean, reformatted system and running FSX for the first time :/ Turning both P-Factor and Torque to minimum doesn't fix it. Only will turning the "General" flight model to minimum will make the trouble go away (mostly). But I have no interest in it that way as the model is not accurate.
System: i7-5930k | GTX980ti | Evo850 1tb | 32g ram | 2-DSD Button Boxes | Latest OH | CH Sticks | Win10 Pro | FSX:SE | P3D2.5/3 | XP v10/v11 | Leap Orion | CV1/WMR/DK2

Derek Speare

Postby Tony » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:41 pm

As well as P-Factor I found this from Microsoft and it applies to all sim variants apparantly ? = https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/260183

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Derek Speare » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:18 pm

This is uncontrolled yaw. Thanks for the help :)

Derek Speare

Postby Robert » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:05 pm

Derek, since it sounds like this is an FSX issue and happens even without FlyInside enabled (have you tried without even having any Rift stuff or FlyInside installed?), you might get more help on the regular FSX forums.

Also, I found that I should not run any joystick drivers and just let FSUIPC handle calibration and converting from joystick input to FSX. No idea if that's a solution, but I run with full realism, torque effects, and whatever the options are and don't have these issues. I think it's some weird thing with your joystick and drivers when you crank it up to full realism too. It's why I kept thinking it was a duplicate input of some sort.

But the regular FSX forums at places like flightsim.com and others might have people with more experience in this area (no offense to anyone here - I include myself :D )
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby Derek Speare » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:39 pm

Robert wrote:Derek, since it sounds like this is an FSX issue and happens even without FlyInside enabled (have you tried without even having any Rift stuff or FlyInside installed?), you might get more help on the regular FSX forums.

Also, I found that I should not run any joystick drivers and just let FSUIPC handle calibration and converting from joystick input to FSX. No idea if that's a solution, but I run with full realism, torque effects, and whatever the options are and don't have these issues. I think it's some weird thing with your joystick and drivers when you crank it up to full realism too. It's why I kept thinking it was a duplicate input of some sort.

But the regular FSX forums at places like flightsim.com and others might have people with more experience in this area (no offense to anyone here - I include myself :D )

I posted that one of the scenarios is with a fresh installation of windows with only the bare essential updates just to bring it to baseline. From there it's a fresh installation of FSX with no controllers ever getting connected. The yaw is there. I'm considering this to be a bug or compatibility issue and am writing it off. FSX will have to wait to when I build a new system next year. :cry:

Derek Speare

Postby Robert » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:46 pm

There's always P3D...
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby Derek Speare » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:43 am

Robert wrote:There's always P3D...

Yes, and it's a good thing I have it! Is there a good migration tool which allows me to take all these cool planes I have for FSX and port them into P3D?

Derek Speare

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge