Virtual Airshow This Weekend!

A place for VR pilots to rest and post screenshots and videos and chat about anything.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Virtual Airshow This Weekend!

Postby Robert » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:28 pm

Last edited by Robert on Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Re: Virtual Airshow This Weekend!

Postby Robert » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:56 pm

Some of the videos are being posted on YouTube from VFAT 2015. Just search for VFAT 2015 and you can see what amazing things these guys were doing.

Here is one especially good but it wasn't their display routine. This is an edited demo reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wifFXlTNzCM

But there is another airshow coming up this weekend too. There are more of these than I ever knew about!

The routines I saw in the VFAT displays were all in DCS (maybe some were FSX but I didn't see any) but the FSX Thunderbirds will probably be in FSX. I was looking at some of the various team websites and a number say to hit them up for a ride-along during a practice. All of the visuals of VR with none of the concentration or required skill! I'm going to do it. And film the routines from inside. :D

But check these out if you are of a mind. Search for VFAT 2015 on YouTube. From my own experience, what these guys all do and make look so easy is anything but easy. And the visuals are phenomenal in VR. Having these planes just a matter of feet or even inches away looking all big and bad is wild. Only thing is that at least in FSX, to see them in their planes, you will need that plane in your own stable. A 400 knot Cessna 150 is a bit weird... :D
Attachments
fsxtbs.jpg
fsxtbs.jpg (138.32 KiB) Viewed 3746 times
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Return to The Lounge