I found out something (black flickering)

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

I found out something (black flickering)

Postby gagagu » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:47 am

Hi,
i found out something and may be it will help you to find out whats going on with the black flickering.

When i will start P3D with the Chessna i have may flickerings and when i will start it with the PMDG 737 NGX i have no flickerings. I guess it can cause in two things (may be):

1) The pmdg needs more performance so the fps are lower and may be lower fps will result in less flickerings?
2) May be the the propeller animation of the Chessna causes the flickerings? The PMDG does not have propellers :-)

Greetings
MSI x99s gaming 7, i7 5820_k, 16GB Ram, gtx 980 ti, Windows 10
HTC Vive, DK2, Lenovo Explorer
Flight Simulator X-Steam / P3D 3.4
X-Plane 10 and 11
Saitek Yoke/Throttle/Rudder Pedals and Saitek X52
gagagu

Re: I found out something (black flickering)

Postby Robert » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 pm

Not sure if this might have something to do with it or not, or if it is even true, but there have been a number of reports of people in sims like Project CARS having stuttering/flickering at low graphics settings but things smoothing out when they turn the settings up some. The idea is that the GPU is in normal mode at low load and increasing the load kicks it into turbo.

It could be that just the added complexity of the 737 cockpit does the same thing? That's if this actually holds true in the first place.

On the other hand, these sims are supposed to be more CPU limited but who knows?
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Return to HTC Vive