"Waiting for Simulator"

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

"Waiting for Simulator"

Postby Brendan03 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:36 pm

Hi.

First post here. Received my Vive last week and after some initial troubleshooting, I've gotten it running fairly well.

I've gotten the 3840x2133 working fairly well without too much flicker (after reading some other posts on here before joining)

I just completed an hour or so long flight in the PMDG 737 (Melbourne to Sydney) and FlyInside seems to run pretty well, even at FlyTampa Sydney with intense weather.

One thing that popped up a few times during the flight, including on final was the "Waiting for Simulator" window, which would disappear after a moment or two.

Is this just due to the Vive support still being in beta or have I set something up incorrectly?

Otherwise, FlyInside seems excellent now that I feel as though I've got it set up properly.

Thanks,
Brendan.
Brendan03

Re: "Waiting for Simulator"

Postby whoispankaj » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:17 am

I dont think its specific to vive..i sometimes get this with the rift too..
whoispankaj

Postby Talismandan » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:17 pm

Yes I think this is due to AI traffic. I have the same issue if AI traffic is enabled, but it stops doing this with no AI traffic. Try disabling the AI traffic and let me know your results. As far as flickering, try checking the box in Steam VR under settings, and developer that enables reprojection to always on. Seems to be solving the flicker issue with the the Vive. At least for me, and also a few others.
i7-6700k@4.4GHz
32GB RAM
GTX980 Ti (Driver: 368.39)
Win10 64bit, P3D 3.3
HTC Vive
Talismandan

Postby whoispankaj » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:23 am

I dont have AI traffic..so not sure if its related to it too.but somebody pointed out the usb2.0 vs 3.0 reason..although i believe i have 3 usb3.0 ports oculus can only find 2.so i still went ahead and plugged it in .That could be one reason..

Pankaj
whoispankaj

Postby Talismandan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:14 am

whoispankaj wrote:I dont have AI traffic..so not sure if its related to it too.but somebody pointed out the usb2.0 vs 3.0 reason..although i believe i have 3 usb3.0 ports oculus can only find 2.so i still went ahead and plugged it in .That could be one reason..

Pankaj

I tried USB 3.1 and three different USB 3.0 ports on my computer and tried the same experiment with AI on/AI off. Same results. If I have AI off the simulator works great in VR with no pauses saying "waiting for simulator" but as soon as I enable AI and especially when around a busy airport, I get the annoying pauses and "waiting for simulator" message. So for now I have to use FlyInside without AI traffic enabled.
i7-6700k@4.4GHz
32GB RAM
GTX980 Ti (Driver: 368.39)
Win10 64bit, P3D 3.3
HTC Vive
Talismandan

Postby Brendan03 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:15 pm

I picked up my Leap Motion an hour ago and I'm currently going through and setting that up, however I'm finding if I move the Vive to a USB3 port, It doesn't connect to the Ligthouse/Base Boxes. I'm using an Asus Z97 Pro WiFi AC which I think I've heard the USB 3/3.1 controllers on this don't like the Vive so I'm just playing around still.
Brendan03

Return to HTC Vive