Another happy customer

Talk about anything FlyInside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Another happy customer

Postby pkwaite » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:03 pm

I want to thank the FlyInside team for making this program a reality. For years I have dreamed of building a flight simulator cockpit but I did not want to settle for a monitor for a visual system. As a former real world pilot my expectations are pretty high, I admit. A wrap-around screen seemed like the best solution for a fully immersive experience but I had nowhere to build it in our small home. A couple of months ago I saw a news clip about a teen who built a Cessna 172 cockpit using VR goggles for a visual system--what a concept! As I investigated further I learned about FI. Watching a couple of YouTube videos was all it took--I was hooked. I immediately preordered the Rift and began researching to build a VR-ready computer. The Rift arrived this week (a month and a half early!) and after doing several flights I must say I am thrilled. The first time I started FI and was "transported" into the stock 172 I just sat there and laughed as I took it all in! I look forward to the journey of building my own "braille" cockpit to complete the immersive experience of FlyInside. Thank you many times over to Dan and all who are behind the scenes!
i7-6700K @ 4GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VIII HERO ALPHA, 32 GB ram, GXT 980 Ti Hybrid, 250 and 500 GB SSDs, Windows 10/64 bit, CV1 Rift, FSX:SE, ORBX FTX Global and Vector, Ulitimate Traffic 2
pkwaite

Re: Another happy customer

Postby Robert » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:16 am

Very cool to hear this reaction from a real pilot and someone new to VR! Welcome!

Flight simulation is one of the most fun things to do in VR for me. Tony and I were flying yesterday and he talked me into a Razbam Harrier. It took us a few minutes to sort things out and we went for a flight. Back at base we sorted how to hover and while I was head down looking for how to extend the refueling probe, Tony told me look up. I could hear his engine had run up but when I looked up he was hovering about 15 feet above me with faint smoke blowing down from the nozzles and looking amazing. Big and right there with awe and a feeling of danger having a plane hovering that close.

And telling people about that just doesn't do it justice. It does transport you and let's you do and see amazing things.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Re: Another happy customer

Postby admin » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:08 pm

Wow, really glad you're enjoying it :D Stay tuned for Leap Motion updates, you may not need too much of a cockpit.
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to FlyInside General Discussion