Aircraft Viewpoint

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Aircraft Viewpoint

Postby RetiredFE » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:27 pm

I'm having a problem with the Rift sensor. I have contacted Oculus support people and got almost an immediate response but they said that since FSX is not supported by Oculus they cannot help me.
So, I'm wondering if anyone else may have experienced the problem that I am having. I'll be flying along (doesn't matter what airplane) and all of a sudden, either I am sitting on the floor of the cockpit
or my head is thru the top of the cockpit. I have to keep resetting the Rift sensor. Doesn't happen on every flight but it is happening often. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and it so
what was your fix. Actually, Oculus did say that if I tried one of their games and it happens they may be able to help to see if it is a hardware/software problem, just can't help with FSX. Thanks
Rodger
Intel i5 4590, EGVA GTX 1070 latest driver, 16GB Ram, Samsung 250 GB 850 EVO SSD, Windows 10x64,Oculus Rift, FSX,Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, Rex Texture direct + Soft Clouds
RetiredFE

Re: Aircraft Viewpoint

Postby Tony » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:21 pm

Hi Rodger, does the flyinside recenter view work for you? I have a sneaky suspicion that the sensor is faulty or maybe try a different usb port ? Some people have had success with a usb 2.0 slot. Is it just flyinside and fsx that you are having issues with mate ?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby RetiredFE » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:23 pm

Hey Tony, thanks for the reply. The recenter seems to be working fine in flyinside on fsx. I haven't used Rift on anything else but fsx. So not sure what it is. I'll try changing usb plugs to see if that works.
Intel i5 4590, EGVA GTX 1070 latest driver, 16GB Ram, Samsung 250 GB 850 EVO SSD, Windows 10x64,Oculus Rift, FSX,Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, Rex Texture direct + Soft Clouds
RetiredFE

Postby Bruce_C » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:03 am

I would definitely try and ascertain if the problem occurs in other games or experiences. It's also worth checking USB ports as Tony says, I have three different types of USB 3.0 ports on my machine and some work better than others with the sensor.
i7-5820K Running @3.8GHz, 16GB RAM with Windows 10, GTX980 (384.94) Oculus Rift CV
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & CH Pro Pedals

Bruce_C

Postby RetiredFE » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:20 am

Tony and Bruce, I tried switching USB ports on the Rift sensor and this time the view changed from the cockpit view to the left wing view. But after about 2-3 seconds went back into the cockpit view. I guess I'm going to have to buy a game from the Oculus store and try playing it to see if it continues to happen. However, the flickering problem is getting worse again. Since the driver update didn't fix it I have no idea what to do now. Have reduced the scenery to almost nothing and still get bad flickering. Kinda depressing after spending $1500-2000 and now FSX is getting to the point where it is almost unplayable. I really enjoy the Rift but the triple screen setup worked perfectly, however I really don't want to go back to that.
RetiredFE

Postby Tony » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:40 am

I'd highly recommend getting another game to try. Something fishy is definitely going on. Have you tried dreamdeck in oculus home? Download that and run it and see what happens. If you get flickering then contact oculus support. Might be a us sensor. Beat me up if you want but have you taken off the sticker on the sensor ? I didn't for 2 days lol

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Bruce_C » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:04 pm

You shouldn't have to buy anything to test it. Try some of the free demos like Dreamdeck?

Out of interest do you have your other monitors set up while you use the rift?
i7-5820K Running @3.8GHz, 16GB RAM with Windows 10, GTX980 (384.94) Oculus Rift CV
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & CH Pro Pedals

Bruce_C

Postby RetiredFE » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:34 pm

Tony and Bruce, 1, yes I did take off the plastic on the sensor(not a bad idea, you can always overlook the obvious), 2, I do have a monitor also while using the Rift. Can you elaborate on that thought? What would I need to do with the monitor? Thanks for your help guys. Really getting frustrated. I will try the game you mentioned also. Thanks again, Rodger
RetiredFE

Postby RetiredFE » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:19 pm

Hey Bruce, I originally had a triple monitor setup when I setup the Rift. I just decided to leave the monitors connected to the computer and just not use them. Well, after you asked if I had a monitor connected, I decided to go ahead and unplug two of the three monitors. Since I have done that I have taken several flights and no hint of a sensor problem or any kind of change in the cockpit view. Not totally sure that this will fix the problem, but so far so good. Now if I could just get the flickers to go away. Extremely annoying when your just about to land and the screen begins to flicker. Thanks again, for your help. Much appreciated.
RetiredFE

Postby Tony » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:55 pm

Rodger do you have triple head to go ? If so try disabling that from device mangers and try again. That should eliminate the flashes ?

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Next

Return to Oculus Rift CV1