Aircraft Viewpoint

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: Aircraft Viewpoint

Postby RetiredFE » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:53 pm

Tony wrote:Rodger do you have triple head to go ? If so try disabling that from device mangers and try again. That should eliminate the flashes ?

Tony

Hey Tony, no, I don't have a triple head to go. Still trying to figure out the flashes.....
Intel i5 4590, EGVA GTX 1070 latest driver, 16GB Ram, Samsung 250 GB 850 EVO SSD, Windows 10x64,Oculus Rift, FSX,Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, Rex Texture direct + Soft Clouds
RetiredFE

Postby Tony » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:51 pm

OK mate but how did you run your 3 monitors ? What gizmo or software ? And how were they plugged in ? You don't have a motherboard gpu chipset do you ? Sorry for all the questions but trying to narrow this down for you ;)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Bruce_C » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:21 am

Can you describe the flashing/flickering?

If it mostly happens on approach it could be related to airport scenery/density?
i7-5820K Running @3.8GHz, 16GB RAM with Windows 10, GTX980 (384.94) Oculus Rift CV
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & CH Pro Pedals

Bruce_C

Postby RetiredFE » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:35 am

Bruce, it is a very quick flash or flicker of the screen. Sometimes it's once, sometimes it's twice in an instant. The entire screen flashes or flickers. It's not just on approach. Actually, as soon as I bring up Flyinsde, I'll start getting the flickers. In say a 10-15 minute flight I might get anywhere from 2-10 of these flickers/flashes. Tony, I am able to connect all 3 monitors to my computer, 2 to the video card one to the motherboard. As of now, I have unplugged 2 of the three monitors and have the remaining one plugged into the video card.
Intel i5 4590, EGVA GTX 1070 latest driver, 16GB Ram, Samsung 250 GB 850 EVO SSD, Windows 10x64,Oculus Rift, FSX,Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, Rex Texture direct + Soft Clouds
RetiredFE

Postby Tony » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:49 pm

Rodger I'm at work so can't look. You say one monitor plugged into your motherboard? Does it have onboard graphics mate ?

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby RetiredFE » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:10 pm

Tony wrote:Rodger I'm at work so can't look. You say one monitor plugged into your motherboard? Does it have onboard graphics mate ?

Tony

Hey Tony, I'm not sure, as I don't know how to check for onboard graphics. But now the one that was plugged into the motherboard is unplugged. I only have one monitor plugged into my system and it is plugged into my video card. I have unplugged the other 2 monitors and am now back to using one monitor.
RetiredFE

Postby Tony » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:40 pm

If you have a monitor plugged directly into your motherboard then I'd say you have onboard graphics. Go into your bios and find onboard graphics, disable this and restart with the rift and monitor plugged into your graphics card. Hopefully this will resolve your flickering/flashing?

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Tony » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:48 pm

Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby RetiredFE » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:33 pm

Tony, I found the on board graphics card was already disabled. Now I'm seeing the flickering last a second longer. I can clearly make out what is happening during the flicker now. When the flicker occurs, the entire cockpit of the airplane disappears and I can only see the area I'm flying in. Then the cockpit returns. I don't understand, as I did not have this flickering problem before the update to the driver. I have also tried rolling back the driver. That did not work, so I tried deleting the driver and doing a re-install, and that did not work. I get no flicker in any other program, but as soon as I enter FlyInside it starts to flicker, then continues on into the flight. It's frustrating for me, and I'm sure it's frustrating for you. I appreciate your help. Thanks for your patience.
RetiredFE

Postby Tony » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:44 pm

I'll help until we can get to the bottom of this strange behaviour mate !!! Another thing in bios to check is see if hyperthreading is disabled. If yes enable it same goes if it's enabled then disable it. Do you have the latest dx11 or 12 files ? This also may be a bug you've find and if we can't solve it then you can email Dan from the store and he can sort out a time with you to debug things ;)

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

PreviousNext

Return to Oculus Rift CV1