First start new customer

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

First start new customer

Postby etienne1968 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:40 am

Hello virtual pilots,
I've just purchased Flyinside and installed. I'm not so good in computer stuff and I'm in trouble to run and/or setup properly everything. Firstly I disabled my SLI configuration and uninstalled EZdock for FSX as I understood it was conflicting with flysinde. Now I launch flysinde in administrator mode... in the CV1 I see the virtual environment with my desktop mirrored and FSX Windows. On the left Windows I see the Flysinside interface inviting me for a trial session or to activate... And then what else ??? I opened a free flight session from FSX but Nothing happens, I see a 2D cockpit in the mirrored FSX window and I'm unable to figure out why I'm not immersed in my virtual cockpit automatically.
Anyone to help please.
many thanks
etienne1968

Re: First start new customer

Postby aurel42 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:41 pm

etienne1968 wrote:I see a 2D cockpit in the mirrored FSX window and I'm unable to figure out why I'm not immersed in my virtual cockpit automatically.

At this point you should switch your view to the Virtual Cockpit, either using the menu or by pressing the usual hotkey (by default F9). Once the Virtual Cockpit is visible in the mirrored window, the magic should happen.
i7-4790K/4.0; GTX1080; 16GB; SSD; Win10/64; before: FSX:SE, now: P3Dv3; CV1
aurel42

Postby slipstream » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:10 pm

Have you activated your purchase yet?

Try the trial flight option and see if that works.

I haven't purchased yet but I assume there's some kind of key code that has to be copied across from somewhere
slipstream

Postby Sharkku » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:34 pm

slipstream wrote:Have you activated your purchase yet?

Try the trial flight option and see if that works.

I haven't purchased yet but I assume there's some kind of key code that has to be copied across from somewhere
You don't have to activate, the program should be fully functional without activation. The only thing is that you are limited to 15 minutes flight time each time you start the program.
CPU: i7-7700K @4.6 GHz, GPU: GTX1080Ti, RAM: 16 GB, OS: Win10 64-bit, HMD: Rift CV1
Software: FSX:SE, FFS, Nvidia driver: 391.35, Oculus runtime: public test channel, FlyInside 1.8013 beta

Beta tester and site mod
Sharkku

Postby slipstream » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:09 pm

You don't have to activate, the program should be fully functional without activation. The only thing is that you are limited to 15 minutes flight time each time you start the program.

So why is the OP getting the option to fly in 'trial mode' if he has purchased? Surely that would disappear, no?
slipstream

Postby Sharkku » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:10 pm

Yes, it would disappear if he activates. I'm just saying he doesn't need to activate, his problem is not related to activation.
CPU: i7-7700K @4.6 GHz, GPU: GTX1080Ti, RAM: 16 GB, OS: Win10 64-bit, HMD: Rift CV1
Software: FSX:SE, FFS, Nvidia driver: 391.35, Oculus runtime: public test channel, FlyInside 1.8013 beta

Beta tester and site mod
Sharkku

Postby admin » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:24 pm

I recommend checking out this guide: http://wiki.flyinside-fsx.com/index.php/Running_FlyInside You need to use an Interaction Key. Look at the "Start Trial" or "Activate" buttons and press Interact, and you'll be able to continue :)

If you're unsure of your interaction key, try "Reset FlyInside FSX Settings" from your Start Menu.
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to Oculus Rift CV1