Game graphics not loading

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Game graphics not loading

Postby fonebone77 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:29 pm

Sorry if this question has been answered previously but I looked through the CV1 board and didnt see anything that quite fit.

When I load FSX I am getting the menus but no actual preview plane graphics. If i start a flight there are no graphics at all. I assume this has something to do with DirectX. The game will run normally with DirectX 10 enabled but exhibits the same behavior with it disabled which uses DirectX 9 I guess. I went to the Microsoft page and ran the install for DirectX 9 and it sais its installed but I am still getting nothing. I am using a GTX1080. I am also using the demo version and would like to purchase but would really like to see it working before I do so.
fonebone77

Re: Game graphics not loading

Postby admin » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:58 pm

To use FlyInside you'll want the DX9 mode (not DirectX 10 preview). If you load a flight are you just seeing no graphics in the headset, or is the on-monitor window also black? Also, was FSX working properly before you installed FlyInside?

If you upload your log.txt from C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\FlyInside that may shed some light. Definitely don't purchase until it's working. If the trial doesn't work for you the full version won't either ;)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to Oculus Rift CV1