FSX-SE Black Screen in flight mode

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

FSX-SE Black Screen in flight mode

Postby alexj1068 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:38 am

I'm running HTC Vive, with flyinside and FSX Steam edition, for the last few months it has been running great, however FSX is now going Black Screen when it starts in free flight mode.
Its definately an FSX issue as the HTC VR works fine in DCS World and also in War Thunder, but not FSX.

The start up menus and preferences are all fine, the issue occurs when the flight is started.
The FSX game is running as all cockpit sounds are audible. Just no Display visible. Tried all the aircraft - all the same problem.

I am running the display mirrored, but have been all along with no problems.

Are there specific graphics settings on FSX that I should be running on , that I possibly may have changed which is the cause of the problem ?

My is specifically built for the HTC/FSX combination, so its not a hardware slow down issue. Outside of VR, I can run FSX maxed out in all settings and it still runs at
over 65 FPS.

Anyone had this issue before ?
alexj1068

Re: FSX-SE Black Screen in flight mode

Postby Futti » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:37 am

Got the same problem. Think it's because i run Windows 10, and the directx 9 aint compatible.. Found out about anything?
Futti

Postby Tony » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:03 am

That's a strange one ? We have a few vive users here and hopefully they can help you. Dan is on a small vacation and will be back in a few days if you don't get it sorted. Dx9 will work fine. Have you guys tried renaming your fsx.cfg then letting fsx rebuild fresh .

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby admin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:52 pm

Hi Alex,

Can you try clearing out the FSX settings files listed here: http://wiki.flyinside-fsx.com/index.php/Settings_Files - It's possible that you have a corrupted settings file somewhere, and clearing those out will fix it ;) If that doesn't help, shoot me an e-mail, dan@flyinside-fsx.com, and I'll take a look once I'm back from vacation.

Futti - Shouldn't be an issue at all. I do most of my testing on Windows 10, and DirectX 9 is still supported. Try the same suggestion

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby alexj1068 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:02 pm

Hi Dan,

Still had the problem.

Ended up doing a full FSX reinstall, kept it clean - looks like the issue was with addon aircraft corrupting something.

Not sure which one caused the problem, so going to introduce them one at a time.

Also had VFR airfields on the system, but they were working fine with the standard aircraft, so I very much doubt they were the cause.

Thanks for the advice though.

Alex
alexj1068

Postby Pagohogo » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:53 am

Hello, I would like to ask whether this problem is solved. I purchased FlyInside several weeks ago and have same problem. Black screen in vive, FSX game is running on monitor and all cockpit sounds are audible. Black screen doesn´t come in same moment (once after start fsx menu, once after start free flight etc.)
I have installed FSX SE
HD Airport Graphics
Rex 4 Texture Direct
RAAS Professional
Orbx Global + libraries
Ftx Trees HD
Aerosoft´s Mega airport Prag
Aerosoft´s airport Munich
Aerosoft´s Airbus 318/319
Carenado Mooney M20J
Carenado H850XP HD

When I start game without FlyInside FSX works fine on ultra high setting (Win 10 x64, Intel i7-5820K, 16 GB RAM, 980Ti)
Can you help me please?
I apologize for my english (it isn´t my mother tongue)
Pagohogo

Postby admin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:31 am

Well that's very good English regardless :)

Could you try disabling your add-ons, and starting with a clean config? It's possible that something is conflicting with FlyInside, so it'll be good to rule that out.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Bluebotle » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:43 pm

I'm getting this issue too but in X-Plane 10 :(
Bluebotle

Postby admin » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:39 am

The X-Plane 10 issue is actually separate and we're working on it. If you're using HDR, turning it off for now should help.

Thanks,
Dan
admin
Site Admin

Return to HTC Vive