Blurry text

All things CV1 and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Blurry text

Postby severniae » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:57 pm

Hi,

I've got a bit of an issue when using the cv1, that I don't remember having in the old Dk2 - text from imported Windows, such as the 2d menus available for the A2A Comanche, or the interactive checklist on the Aerosoft Catalina, seem out of focus. I've tried moving them all around the screen and can only really read them well when I use the zoom function - in the Dk 2 I found these easy to set up and make readable - though bear in mind that when I last used the dk2 was prior to the release of the oculus 1.0 runtime, so a while ago.

The text sometimes almost looks blurry, I've been imagining that my virtual self needs a set of glasses haha!

Any help would be great!
-James
severniae

Re: Blurry text

Postby aurel42 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:22 pm

Supersampling (ie. chosing a higher resolution in the FI menu) made text much more readable for me.

If it's not just text, but everything, and also real-life road signs that seem blurry, that is because you need to correct your myopia.
The DK2 had a rather short effective focus distance, ie. your eyes actually focused at a plane in a distance of only 1.3m, no matter how close or far the object appeared that you were focussing on.
In the CV1, that distince is optical infinity. A lot of people who could use the DK2 without their prescription glasses now need them for the CV1.
i7-4790K/4.0; GTX1080; 16GB; SSD; Win10/64; before: FSX:SE, now: P3Dv3; CV1
aurel42

Postby Simon853 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:46 pm

The CV1 is *very* sensitive to placement on your head and I find mine doesn't stay in place as well (or fit my face for that matter) as the DK2 did.

On the ground, look out your aircraft window at something close by that feels a little uncomfortably blurry. Then very gently, move the CV1 up and down by a matter of millimetres and see if at any point the image becomes clearer. Try and adjust the god-awful straps to that sweet-spot. Also, using the XBox controller, go into the Oculus menu (not the FI menu) and do the eye separation calibration.

Si
Simon853

Postby airwolf » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:29 pm

Giggle the CV1 and check your PD settings distance. Supersampling helps. The resolution is limited by VR hardware at the moment. Advancement over the years will make it better.
i5820K OC 4.3ghz 2x980 SLI, 16GB, P3d v4, Windows 10 Pro (Latest release), Rift CV1, NV Drivers latest 7/4/17
airwolf

Return to Oculus Rift CV1