Usually Can't use Vive controllers to interact

All things VIVE and Flyinside related.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Usually Can't use Vive controllers to interact

Postby clamchoda » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:31 pm

I could not get MSFX SE to work stable but I presume that to be the applications fault NOT flyinside. I have switched to P3D and it seems much more stable.

I love the experience but most of the time I can not use the vive controllers to control throttle or any other things inside the cockpit. When I move my joystick I can see the wings moving, so other inputs work fine. I can see my Vive controllers tracking properly, but when I mouse over things, no tool tips pop up. The laser pointer goes straight through the plane, as if it is not detecting anything to show a tool tip for or to interact with. Sometimes, many, many, many, resets can resolve the issue. But it really breaks the experience at the moment :(

Oddly, I can lift up my HMD and use my mouse to properly adjust the throttle and other requirements.

Thank you for your continued hard work!
clamchoda

Re: Usually Can't use Vive controllers to interact

Postby admin » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:20 pm

Sorry, the Vive controllers use a different interaction subsystem from the mouse, that's why one works and not the other. I posted on another thread you are in, if you e-mail me your logs it will help me track down this bug :)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby clamchoda » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:18 pm

I will try to get the logs for you tonight! Although I just ordered leap motion. Do you think this bug will still exist with leap motion + Vive. Or do you think its Vive controller specific?
clamchoda

Postby clamchoda » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:26 pm

Has this bug been addressed yet?
clamchoda

Postby admin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:32 pm

The bug is likely identical between Vive Controllers, Leap Motion, and the interaction dot. Could you try loading the stock Cessna 172 first, then switching to your aircraft of choice?
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to HTC Vive