TrainInside ?!!!

A place for VR pilots to rest and post screenshots and videos and chat about anything.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

TrainInside ?!!!

Postby massimob » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:56 am

Hi all !

I'm a flight simulator's fan from long days ago......... about 1985 !

Now I fly sometimes (too many busy in my big family!!) with P3D and X-Plane.

Now, I'd like to suggest.........why don't create a FlyInside for a Train Simulator fans.....such as me (!) ??? !!!!!

Train simmer "VR dipendent", waiting from a long time a simulator that offer a VR posssibility: a plug-in will be beautiful !

What do you think about this possibility ?

Bye.
massimob

Re: TrainInside ?!!!

Postby Tony » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:59 am

Have you contacted Train sim 2016 devs ? Not sure if they have VR in the works ?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby massimob » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:38 am

Tony wrote:Have you contacted Train sim 2016 devs ? Not sure if they have VR in the works ?

Tony

Hi Tony,

I haven't yet contact TS2016 devs. I hope that new CSW will have a native basic VR support........... .

I think a plug-in such as Flyinsider is more functionally and with more VR option.......... .

Massimo
massimob

Postby massimob » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:53 am

Tony wrote:Have you contacted Train sim 2016 devs ? Not sure if they have VR in the works ?

Tony

From TS 2016-7 dev: "It's something we are looking into but not actively supporting yet. There may be some third party programs out there for this though, I'm not entirely sure.".

I really hope a basic VR support for new TSW, but i dubt it.

A plug-in such as FlyInside will be a "must have " !

Massimo
massimob

Postby Tony » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:01 am

It's a big task for a plugin, which takes a lot of man hours to perfect, not sure the fan Base would be high enough for Dan to look into, but you never know ;)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Robert » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:37 pm

I would love VR Train Simulator! Trains in VR would have the imposing wow factor going for it any time you stand by a locomotive - especially something like a 4-8-8-4. I also wrote to them and got a non-answer, posted on Steam, etc. It's looking like Rift and Vive will hit around 1 million combined sales by the end of the year. While not everyone would be interested in playing trains, there could be enough to start making it viable. Trains are a bit more approachable too and easier to just roll down the line compared to flying so adoption rates could possibly be good.

Whoever does either a plugin or if they add support directly, I would really love to run Train Simulator in VR. I guess we'll see what happens.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby FlyingMonkey » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:01 am

Same here, would love it.

Currently there are 2 things for which I really really miss VR: ww1 simulation, eg Rise of Flight or Wings over Flanders Fields, and train sims. For the former I'm actually considering starting working on it as a hobby project on my spare time, for the latter there doesn't seem to be much hope that someone will do it at that stage.
FlyingMonkey

Postby frankstolp » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:07 am

Add me to list of "Would-buyers" :-)
I think the train sim community might even be bigger then the flightsim community, but not sure ofcourse.
Trainsim VR, espacially with roomscale HTC Vive (standing in a loc) would be awesome!!
My rig: I6700, 16Gig, GTX1070, HTC Vive, FSX SE, Xplane 11 RC 1, P3d v3.
frankstolp

Postby slipstream » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:40 am

There was limited support for the DK2 but not CV1. big shame. There would be a huge intake for a TS DriveInside I can assure you. I'd be first in the queue.
slipstream

Postby acdamiao » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:12 am

I thought I was the only one thinking about a "TrainIside"... lol

I am pretty sure there would be thousands of buyers for such add-on. Including me, of course.

Just check out Derail Valley for VR on Steam. The demo is awesome even though it is a quite simple simulator. They have a lot of community support.

I just can´t imagine how wonderful it would be to have VR in TS2018 or TSW.
acdamiao

Next

Return to The Lounge