keys assignment and external views

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

keys assignment and external views

Postby giordy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:59 pm

Hi there!
I'm a happy flyinside for P3d user, but when I read that it was available on XPlane I just couldn't resist and gave myself a nice early x-mas present :D

Couple of questions about the XPlane version:

1) After I mapped the keys on my HOTAS with FlyInside, I went into the "2d" XPlane and all my key mappings were lost (or so I thought).
Once I started FlyInside again they reappeared. Any reason why this configuration is kept separate? is there a way to replicate the settings both for 2d AND 3d?

2) With FI for P3D I can call up the external views and fly around or behind the plane but it seems not to be supported on FI for XP. Is this feature planned? I love to call up the external views when taking off/landing...

thanks and keep up the good work!

Giordy
giordy

Re: keys assignment and external views

Postby giordy » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:18 pm

*crickets*
giordy

Postby admin » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:22 pm

Hi there, missed this post somehow!

1) FlyInside keeps most X-Plane configuration separate because many people want different settings on VR/monitor. If you want to copy your VR settings over to 2D, go into "X-Plane\Output\Preferences" and replace "X-plane.prf" with a copy of FIPlane.prf.

2) Right now FlyInside doesn't support external views with X-Plane. It's planned though :)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby giordy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:53 pm

Nice! Thanks for the tips!
giordy

Postby SPAS » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:03 am

admin wrote:Hi there, missed this post somehow!

1) FlyInside keeps most X-Plane configuration separate because many people want different settings on VR/monitor. If you want to copy your VR settings over to 2D, go into "X-Plane\Output\Preferences" and replace "X-plane.prf" with a copy of FIPlane.prf.

For the price, it would be nice to get that documented somewhere obvious... I could not find anything about it in the wiki, nor anywhere around the .exe (like in the install folder).

I know there's a 'reset FlyInside XP preferences' in the start menu, but that did nothing to fix my issue.

It took me two days and countless preferences folder deletions before finding this thread and figuring this out. BTW the issue I was having was with the wall of fog / all black cockpit. Deleting the FIplane.prf fixed it. Knowing this at the beginning would have saved me loads of pain.

Food for thought.

Other than that, impressive work!
SPAS

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019